Your memories of Josephine's Nightclub.

Guest makapaka
From what I heard of the opening night in Nov. 76, was that Georgie Fame was 'plastered' before he came on and was messing the words up and almost falling over to such an extent that 'Josie's' stopped the show and to use a Working men's club expression, 'paid him up' !

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 21:34 ----------

Italian Ted (Giordano) moved after 'Josie's' and' Napoleon's' to a wine bar that he may have co-owned, was on the corner of Furnival Gate and Eyre Street, name I forget. He did move to the New York area and lived in New Jersey. He had something to do with a restaurant called 'Gemelli' that was on the ground floor of the World Trade Center when it was destroyed in Sept. 2001, (I was at work 5 streets away from there that day.) As that restaurant was an afternoon/evening place no employees were among the fatalities unlike the 2,800 + poor souls who perished that day. Later, he actually had his own web site as a salesman -it was him, his photo is on it ! for Lexus cars and according to Ted, he was 'New Jersey's Lexus salesman of the year" ! (2013-14 ?). Coming from him it has to be right (right?).

Was the wine bar "gossips".

Use to have some great nights in there. Couldn't wait for the weekend to get suited and booted. I actually took one of the barmaids out who used to work in the cocktail bar, god I loved it, thought I was the bees knees because all the lads used to chat her up but I was the one taking her home.

So glad I found this page.

I used to go with my brother's Roger and Steve Green- when he was on leave. Had some really good chats with other regulars in there. Sunday nights was Gossips because they stayed open an extra half hour or so.

Edited by Taekwondo