Moved house now have tv trouble

I used to live in Mosborough and had all the Freeview channels. Now I've moved to Wincobank and the tv is crazy. I have some channels doubled up, 2 of many of them, and some channels not at all. For instance, I can get ITV and Channel 4 plus 1 but not Channel 5 plus 1. Can't get ITV3, ITVbe, Dave, Spike, Drama and lots of others. I've retuned the tv about a 100 times and it's always the same. What's the solution?

I would imagine you need a signal booster as the signal isn't strong enough to pick up the other channels.

I can get ITV and Channel 4 plus 1 but not Channel 5 plus 1. Can't get ITV3, ITVbe, Dave, Spike, Drama and lots of others.

Congratulations, you have a Freeview box with taste!

But seriously, you may need a signal booster as alisonmanic says. I'm near Firth Park and until I got the signal booster, I had exactly the same issues as you.

Whereabouts on Wincobank, or which side are you facing? The city centre or Meadowhall? That could determine which transmitter you're connected to.

I'm near Meadowhall. I have a signal booster but the whole thing is driving me crazy. Is there anything else I can do?

I agree that most of the channels are crap but I want more choice than I have now especially with it being summer and the main channels busy with sport and repeats of Midsome bloody Murders and other rubbish.

I would imagine you need a signal booster as the signal isn't strong enough to pick up the other channels.

You are now getting signals from at least three transmitters which will be very powerful. Sheffield Crosspool (west)/Rotherham(east)/Belmont(ESE)/Emley Moor(North).

Your signals are too strong- remove booster then try the following:

Re-tune TV.

Re-tune using a directional aerial, try vertical and horizontal positions, look at which way modern neighbouring aerials point.

Remove or reduce or move away any USB leads and connected gadgets from near TV or aerial.

Try manual tuning as described in the handbook/internet.

Some TV have a setting which reduces search parameters.

Remove unwanted channels and renumber.

Use roof or attic aerial, even an old one will often help.

I live in Wincobank. The part where I live gets its signal from a relay situated by the rail tracks at the bottom of Fife St. I can only get 3 channels on my freeview. You will need to install a good digital aerial.

It may sound obvious.b it have you tried asking your neighbours how their signal is?

It may sound obvious.b it have you tried asking your neighbours how their signal is?

I was just going to post the same, also have a look at the nearby aerials for a guide. Are you using the existing roof aerial in the new house? Incidentally, an older analogue aerial will be ok as long as it's the right grouping for a particular transmitter.

I'm near Meadowhall. I have a signal booster but the whole thing is driving me crazy. Is there anything else I can do?

I agree that most of the channels are crap but I want more choice than I have now especially with it being summer and the main channels busy with sport and repeats of Midsome bloody Murders and other rubbish.

Signal boosters are not necessarily the answer. It depends on whether you have a weak signal or a bad signal. If it's bad then the booster will just boost the interference as well. Could be that your aerial is old or has been damaged by wind. The previous owner may not have noticed if they had Sky or Virgin Media for example.

---------- Post added 22-08-2016 at 15:09 ----------

You are now getting signals from at least three transmitters which will be very powerful. Sheffield Crosspool (west)/Rotherham(east)/Belmont(ESE)/Emley Moor(North).

Your signals are too strong- remove booster then try the following:

Re-tune TV.

Re-tune using a directional aerial, try vertical and horizontal positions, look at which way modern neighbouring aerials point.

Remove or reduce or move away any USB leads and connected gadgets from near TV or aerial.

Try manual tuning as described in the handbook/internet.

Some TV have a setting which reduces search parameters.

Remove unwanted channels and renumber.

Use roof or attic aerial, even an old one will often help.

It could also be this ^^^

Silly as it sounds you could have too strong a signal from multiple transmitters and actually need an attenuator rather than a booster.