Debenhams on The Moor - eyesore

Just as an aside...

With the Chinatown project (I've forgotten its proper name) between Bramall Lane and London Road, the recent development around the bottom of the Moor (Market, TJHughes etc), and the current work higher up the Moor, things are looking up for that side of town.

Still more needed, of course, (eg Cambridge Street area and the area below Cumberland Street), but shiny new developments inspire even more shiny new developments.

The HSBC building will be a good increase in footfall for shops/cafes etc in that area. I imagine for Henry's it can't come soon enough, and it might spur some new openings on Cambridge Street/Charles Street.

Will be nice to see work starting.

The Grosvenor Hotel block is genuinely about to start coming down, yes!

Well, you know...unless it stops for some reason. But getting as far as putting the scaffolding up around it is a pretty positive sign (though just as an aside, I think we could have kept the shell of the Grosvenor and given it a complete refurbishment, but anyway..)

This at least is to accomodate a new office block for HSBC on that site and also encroaching on to what is currently Charter Square, which will be reconfigured. This might kick start the other phases of the NRQ between there and Barkers Pool but that is still less certain, sadly.

I didn't realised the Grosvenor block went as far down as Pinstone Street but, now you've pointed it out, I can see that it probably does!

The Grosvenor Hotel block is genuinely about to start coming down, yes!

Well, you know...unless it stops for some reason. But getting as far as putting the scaffolding up around it is a pretty positive sign (though just as an aside, I think we could have kept the shell of the Grosvenor and given it a complete refurbishment, but anyway..)

This at least is to accomodate a new office block for HSBC on that site and also encroaching on to what is currently Charter Square, which will be reconfigured. This might kick start the other phases of the NRQ between there and Barkers Pool but that is still less certain, sadly.

HSBC have just signed the lease on the new building. It has to come down, as the council are now legally obliged.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/hsbc-agree-15-year-deal-to-move-into-new-90m-sheffield-city-centre-office-1-8108028

HSBC have just signed the lease on the new building. It has to come down, as the council are now legally obliged.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/hsbc-agree-15-year-deal-to-move-into-new-90m-sheffield-city-centre-office-1-8108028

The scaffolding is going up around the block now. Edit: sorry, should have looked further up the thread.

Also scaffolding up around WH Smiths in Fargate with notice saying shop is closed until further notice due to possible structural problem.

The HSBC building will be a good increase in footfall for shops/cafes etc in that area. I imagine for Henry's it can't come soon enough, and it might spur some new openings on Cambridge Street/Charles Street.

Will be nice to see work starting.

I think Henry's is already a goner, looks like that whole block is for the chop as well, all the windows are whitewashed

Saw this thread and had a quick google and stumbled across the new design for Debenhams in London's Oxford Street......On first glance I actually thought I was looking at plans for Sheffield and thought to myself "That might look well"........

Sheffield Debenhams.......

http://statics.192.com/estreet/original/large/2263/22636662.jpg

London Oxford Street.......

http://www.britishland.com/news-and-views/press-releases/2013/11-06-2013

^^ Aye. Sadly though, I wouldn't expect too much change to the Sheffield store when the day comes. Just a clean up and like for like replacements of some parts of the facade.

I like the inside of Debenhams, because it dazzles:thumbsup:

I think Henry's is already a goner, looks like that whole block is for the chop as well, all the windows are whitewashed

That's a real shame, used to be a lively street, Pippys, Read or Dead, Coles toy store, a second hand vinyl record shop, that shop that used to be in the old car park at the top, Wapentake.

That's a real shame, used to be a lively street, Pippys, Read or Dead, Coles toy store, a second hand vinyl record shop, that shop that used to be in the old car park at the top, Wapentake.

That sci-fi shop, The Star Shop I think it was called. Might be wrong tho.:)

I like the inside of Debenhams, because it dazzles:thumbsup:

It really does! I can't stand that one as it's SO bright