Is it possible to be notified if someone quotes your post ?

Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ? I think this would be particularly useful as there seem to be more and more Megathreads. One can`t be bothered to read every post but may be interested if one`s post is quoted because, one assumes they`re directly answering your point.

On a similar theme, one can easily check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve started but how can you check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve contributed to (but not started) ?

Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ? I think this would be particularly useful as there seem to be more and more Megathreads. One can`t be bothered to read every post but may be interested if one`s post is quoted because, one assumes they`re directly answering your point.

On a similar theme, one can easily check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve started but how can you check if anyone has added to a thread you`ve contributed to (but not started) ?

I would have thought the "View My Posts" section on the left would help.

Is it possible to be notified if anyone quotes a post you`ve made ?

Great idea :thumbsup:

I have seen this system (being notified if someone quotes your post) on another forum. It`s particularly useful for mega threads, like the Brexit one, I haven`t got the time to read all those posts, but am particularly interested to read a response to one of my own posts. The latter usually involves a quote. Have the producers of the Sheffield Forum software been asked if notification of a quote is either available or in the pipeline ? At the very least they should be advised there`s a demand for it.

It's a good idea Justin. I also had the same idea and mentioned it in the ideas (within the scope of what we're allowed to talk about) for forum improvement thread.