Looking for Jane Thorpe

I'm trying to find my half cousin. Her name is Jane Thorpe but she could be married and I recall her having children and moved to bolton I think. We used to live on Ripon Street in the 70's in the same yard, but lost touch after the houses were pulled down. Her parents were called Dorothy and Brian but were divorced. Her mother remarried, moved to Sky Edge on Kestrel Green and her mother had a son called Phillip from what I remember as me and Jane met up again for a brief time in the early 80's. Her mother has since passed away or so I heard. Her mother is related to my family by marriage as her brother, Harry married my mothers sister, Pat. I hope someone knows her and can point me in the right direction. Thanks :)

I have looked on the marriage records & there are 3 Jane Thorpe marraiges in Sheffield in the 1980's. Did your Jane have a middle name? One of the marriages if for Jane Thorpe to a Dean R Betts in 1987. One is Jane J Thorpe to a Shaun Parker in 1983. The final one is for Jane M Thorpe to Geoffrey A Howsam in 1985. Are those any help?

I'm not sure she got married in Sheffield, she doesn't have a middle name. Thanks for your help. :)

---------- Post added 13-02-2015 at 17:26 ----------

I've tried the social network but no luck :(

I'm trying to find a cousin of mine I haven't seen for over 30 years. I have some sad news for her.

Her name is Jane Thorp. She was born in Sheffield, her parents were called Dorothy and Brian but were divorced. Her Mother has a Brother, my uncle called Harry and their surname was Duce I believe she re-married and had a son late in life called Phillip and lived on Sky Edge On Kestrel Green. Her Mother has possibly passed away. I last saw Jane in a cafe in town and she told me she moved away to somewhere near Manchester and had Children. This is all I can remember. I've done all the research I can and She seems to have disappeared. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

I'm trying to find a member of my family. Jane lived on Ripon Street in the 70's. Her mum was called Dorothy and her dad was called Brian. Jane had no siblings. Her parents divorced when Jane was a child, she had short blonde hair, slim. Her mothers maiden name was Duce. Jane went to Woodbourn Road School and when the houses were being demolished, her and her mum moved to Sky Edge where a few years later her mum re-married and had a son called Phillip but I never did find out the surname. I do know Jane moved to somewhere near Manchester and did have children. She would be about 50 years old. Please can you help?

I'm trying to find a member of my family. Jane lived on Ripon Street in the 70's. Her mum was called Dorothy and her dad was called Brian. Jane had no siblings. Her parents divorced when Jane was a child, she had short blonde hair, slim. Her mothers maiden name was Duce. Jane went to Woodbourn Road School and when the houses were being demolished, her and her mum moved to Sky Edge where a few years later her mum re-married and had a son called Phillip but I never did find out the surname. I do know Jane moved to somewhere near Manchester and did have children. She would be about 50 years old. Please can you help?

I'm trying to trace my half Cousin, I believe her Mother Dorothy, half Brother and Stepdad both called Philip Thackeray moved from Skyedge to Rotherham, either Fenton Way or Road. Her Mother Dorothy has passed away but hopefully someone knows her Brother or stepdad and can put me in touch with them. 🤞

Edited by cherriepie

Hi

Dorothy Thorp married Philip T Thackeray in 1978. Their son Philip T Thackeray was born in 1979.

According to the Electoral Register a Philip T Thackeray (senior?) was living in Fenton Way Rotherham from 2002 -2019, so could still be there.

There was a Philip T Thackeray (son ?) also living in Rotherham but doesnt seem to be on the Electoral Register after 2005

Thanks for this. I'll have to just take a chance and knock on his door I guess