Charity Clothes Bags

Just seen a bloke spend 15 mins rifling thru Charity Clothes bags that someone has left outside their house. He was rummaging away, taking what he wanted (which was most of it), then throwing what he didn't want into someone's front garden, unbelievable! He didn't look like he was in desperate need he was well kempt.

I've also had one of these bags saying it will be picked up on Friday. After reading this thread I will be dumping this bag.!

Its not that he just took stuff that was supposed to be left for charity, it's the fact that once he got what he wanted he just threw the other stuff into someone's garden. So the charity was left with nothing and some poor sod as ended up with a bag to clear from their garden.

I work for the British Heart Foundation and the charity bags we post out all come into the shop and the money we get from all goes to the charity we get customers ringing to say that the bags have been stolen our banks get broken in too this is all cost to the charity the bags are posted around 3 days before the collection so if you get a bag through your door on a monday saying thursday it wil be the same week. We also offer a free collection service where you can call and arrange a collection this will guarantee the items will come into store as we have volunteer drivers that come and collec 5 days a week so if you have anything you would like to donate to us give us a call on Sheffield 0114 2753301 and we will arrange to come and collect it

Many thank

I work for the British Heart Foundation and the charity bags we post out all come into the shop and the money we get from all goes to the charity we get customers ringing to say that the bags have been stolen our banks get broken in too this is all cost to the charity the bags are posted around 3 days before the collection so if you get a bag through your door on a monday saying thursday it wil be the same week. We also offer a free collection service where you can call and arrange a collection this will guarantee the items will come into store as we have volunteer drivers that come and collec 5 days a week so if you have anything you would like to donate to us give us a call on Sheffield 0114 2753301 and we will arrange to come and collect it

Many thank

Charity bags, I live in S35 and at least every week we have not one but up to three charity bags through the door, ok not all collecting on the same day but it makes you wonder what these charity's expect, now I'm all for charity especially Mc Millan as I have had the dreaded ( C ) and at the time and through it they were good to me but you would think that the charities could talk to each other and define who does which area and when so they don’t overlap, also could the charities have proper defind vans not Mr White van with a magnetic sticker on the van side.

Edited by MEC176

Charity bags, I live in S35 and at least every week we have not one but up to three charity bags through the door, ok not all collecting on the same day but it makes you wonder what these charity's expect, now I'm all for charity especially Mc Millan as I have had the dreaded ( C ) and at the time and through it they were good to me but you would think that the charities could talk to each other and define who does which area and when so they don’t overlap, also could the charities have proper defind vans not Mr White van with a magnetic sticker on the van side.

Our van driver like many others are self employed and have there own van hence the Magnets

Also if you read some [not all] of the bags they will say a percentage of the money will go to the charity these bags are posted and collected by the same drivers

I've also had one of these bags saying it will be picked up on Friday. After reading this thread I will be dumping this bag.!

Or, why not just hand it into a charity shop instead of throwing away stuff?