Working from home

Hi ya after some advice my wife is after working from home is there any company's that are after ppl who do that , she was thinking bout starting a ironing service but don't know where to begin cheers

Has she considered doing avon. She could do a few roads round yourselves or sell online

If you're going to do Avon then recommend you check which houses have said no before. I used to phone the number and say NO to them, they'd stop for a while then I presume someone new comes along and starts leaving the books again. They never seem to return for them so they go in the blue bin.

The reason for that is there's no way of a new rep knowing who had the road before but the turn over of reps shouldn't be that often. I always advise to put a tick box on the book so people can opt out so that should minimise the inconvenience to you. It is a bit of a pain but I think it depends on your area and whether the rep sticks with it

The reason for that is there's no way of a new rep knowing who had the road before but the turn over of reps shouldn't be that often. I always advise to put a tick box on the book so people can opt out so that should minimise the inconvenience to you. It is a bit of a pain but I think it depends on your area and whether the rep sticks with it

It's Avons responsibility which as I see they fail to take. So after 10 years plus of calling them to let them know I don't want it I simply put it straight in the blue bin.

It's Avons responsibility which as I see they fail to take. So after 10 years plus of calling them to let them know I don't want it I simply put it straight in the blue bin.

Why is it Avons responsibility? Any direct selling representatives of any company I know is done by independent representatives not employees. As such, they don't have areas. It would be wise for the person to ask first before leaving a brochure. I know people have done that where I have lived previously. People move house so how do you expect Avon to keep their records up to date?

Why is it Avons responsibility? Any direct selling representatives of any company I know is done by independent representatives not employees. As such, they don't have areas. It would be wise for the person to ask first before leaving a brochure. I know people have done that where I have lived previously. People move house so how do you expect Avon to keep their records up to date?

You're right it probably isn't strictly Avons responsibility, it would be good if there was something similar to the telephone preference service which reps could look up to see who'd said no to brochures etc..

Back to the original poster - have you considered selling on the likes of Ebay, perhaps turning a hobby into a small business, or even offering to pack parcels for someone with an Ebay business?

If you don't find a distanced work, i would recommend you to surf for a part-time or a temorary. I've seen many on JOBGEAR (sorry, can't include a web link).