Lots of expensive cars Abbeydale Rd/London Rd? 15/16 Aug 2016

Presumably you called 101 and the police were going to attend and ticket them all?

There will have been an Indian or Pakistan wedding somewhere nearby and unfortunately some of the guests hire these sports cars and then drive them like idiots!:o

Yes, apparently they were red lining them in 1st & one of the Ferrari's engines blew up, according to the guy in the sarny shop this morning. Ouch!

He also said they were doing around 70mph in a big convoy & all ran the red light outside his shop!

Yes it's a tradition.

Not all that long-established, if with cars. Processions were surely on foot or horse-and-cart until at least the 1960s.

Not all that long-established, if with cars. Processions were surely on foot or horse-and-cart until at least the 1960s.

Sorry, correction.

Its a modern custom for lunatics to drive like cretins and that everyone has to put up with it.

Get this a lot in Tinsley. it seems to be part of the celebrations nowadays at Pakistani weddings. Young males, from both sides of the family, hire expensive cars then race them around like lunatics.

Sorry, correction.

Its a modern custom for lunatics to drive like cretins and that everyone has to put up with it.

I was woken up by this crap last night and it took me a while to get back to sleep. I have to say, whenever I've been to a wedding I haven't felt the need to wake half of Sheffield up at 1.30 am to let them know.

Get this a lot in Tinsley. it seems to be part of the celebrations nowadays at Pakistani weddings. Young males, from both sides of the family, hire expensive cars then race them around like lunatics.

I was woken up by this crap last night and it took me a while to get back to sleep. I have to say, whenever I've been to a wedding I haven't felt the need to wake half of Sheffield up at 1.30 am to let them know.

We tend not to get this problem in S4 and S5, thank goodness.

Due to all the hills, the bends, the traffic lights, the pot holes, the single lane roads, and the congestion, they'd be lucky to hit 30mph without colliding into something.

Just driven past around 30 supercars going down Whirlowdale Road and across to Abbey Lane and diid look to be an Asian wedding. Some were driving very slowly and cruising and some driving like maniacs.

Just driven past around 30 supercars going down Whirlowdale Road and across to Abbey Lane and diid look to be an Asian wedding. Some were driving very slowly and cruising and some driving like maniacs.

Yep, they were causing a nuisance on London Road yesterday again.

I'd feel like such a failure at life if I resorted to renting out expensive cars to try and impress people who don't give a <removed>. Imagine how pathetic they feel when they have to return the keys and come back to reality :hihi:

Edited by nikki-red

^^^ They just go back to being arrogant idiots who drive VW Golfs with blingy wheels.

Yep, they were causing a nuisance on London Road yesterday again.

I'd feel like such a failure at life if I resorted to renting out expensive cars to try and impress people who don't give a <removed>. Imagine how pathetic they feel when they have to return the keys and come back to reality :hihi:

it does make me wonder where the money comes from for these hire cars some as much as 2.5k per day, with a deposit for damage of 25k and up:gag:

especially as the long convoy of supercars the other day driven by basically kids:suspect:

I have these guys going past mine and they are driven at such high revs that they sound like superbikes.

You should have to have an advanced driving license to drive one these cars.

When you jump from driving a your Nissan Micra to a Ferrari.....someone will eventually get seriously hurt or even killed.