RIP ex-boxer Billy Calvert

My late grandad Rueben used to go and whatch Billy fight when he was a boxer he was a big pal of Billy as was both my uncle's may he RIP

only just found out about billy.remember him well from sportsman and kingshead Attercliffe.i played darts for him.true gentlemen.last time I spoke to billy he was living at south anston I think.rip a true gentleman.

only just found out about billy.remember him well from sportsman and kingshead Attercliffe.i played darts for him.true gentlemen.last time I spoke to billy he was living at south anston I think.rip a true gentleman.

They moved from South Anston to Dinnington via a short stay in Woodseats. Thank you for your kind message. Neill

---------- Post added 29-08-2016 at 12:22 ----------

My late grandad Rueben used to go and whatch Billy fight when he was a boxer he was a big pal of Billy as was both my uncle's may he RIP

I do remember a Rueben and will let Mum know. Bless you. Neill

---------- Post added 29-08-2016 at 12:26 ----------

R.I P. Billy // Sure my father in law Phill Mullvaney your old mate will be waiting for you.

I remember Phil as a customer in Kings Head / Sportsman when he and Mum owned them. Thanks for your message. Have let Mum know.

---------- Post added 29-08-2016 at 12:27 ----------

Remember Billy training at Rex Gray's Gym in Handsworth As a boxer he was a real gutsy fighter.A great Darnall lad RIP

Indeed. Dad used to take me their to train with him when i was a boy. Thank you for your message. Neill

So sorry to hear this news. My mom, stepdad and I followed your father's career. Went to see him fight in lots of places. Their names were Edna and Sam Tym, I don't know if your Mom will remember them. My stepdad was a butcher with a shop on Abbeydale Road. My mom is also suffering from this horrible disease.

So sorry to hear this news. My mom, stepdad and I followed your father's career. Went to see him fight in lots of places. Their names were Edna and Sam Tym, I don't know if your Mom will remember them. My stepdad was a butcher with a shop on Abbeydale Road. My mom is also suffering from this horrible disease.

Of course Mum remembers Edna and Sam. I too remember the names. They used to visit Mum and Dad when we lived in Wincobank and presumably when we lived in Nether Edge. Lovely to hear from you. Bless you and your mum and i pray your suffering is as minimal as it can be. Nx

I will remember you to my mom next time I speak to her.

I will remember you to my mom next time I speak to her.

Is your Mum Edna? If yes I should Take mum to see her.

Yes her name is Edna.

Will let mum know. Its many years since Sam died so suddenly. Yes do send Edna our love. Mum lives Dinnington atm but I am based in Woodseats