Joseph Elliot & sons Sylvester Street

Hi

Did anyone on here work at Joseph Elliots And Sons Cutlery works, Sylvester works Sylvester Street? Or know anyone who did? Or rent one of the workshops? On the site.

A big part of Elliots little Mesters workshops were demolished in the 1980's and then it finally closed around 1990 and was converted into apartments early 2000's many people Park their car on what was once Elliots little mesters workshops which is known as the charity car park. The apartments are known as Elliot house.

I have some old pictures of inside the works and would like to see if I can put names to the people working in the pictures.

Many thanks

Edited by steven85

Hi steven85.

My father worked at Joseph Elliott for many years and I should be able to put a few names to faces for you.

With regards.

Dave59

Hi Dave59

Brilliant I have a fair few pictures and a few old films of Elliots, I will message you when I get home from work.

Many thanks for getting in touch

Steven

Hi my dad and grandad both worked at Elliots my dad was still there right at the end when it finally ceased trading he joined Elliots when he left school so was there many many years as was my Grandad.

On 01/02/2019 at 14:09, Shaz t said:

Hi my dad and grandad both worked at Elliots my dad was still there right at the end when it finally ceased trading he joined Elliots when he left school so was there many many years as was my Grandad.

I think I may know your dad? my dad rented a workshop there for many years.