KETTLE BLACK Ecclesall road the bar to be seen in??

anyone been to the new bar that used to be Menzels?? KETTLE BLACK???

went in saturday early bar until about 9pm wasnt especially busy, really nice decor but not too far from what it was before, cocktails & service was good and prices were ok and we had a good experience, everywhere else was packed at that time so whats the problem? i can see it struggling??? offer some sort of Tapas to encourage people to stay, some free bites and some paid, we would have stayed and spent more if there was some sort of food, lack of tables or benches in the bar area? just my take but good luck:love:

Got an invite to the `industry event` there in a couple of weeks. Never been before but I believe they do have beer so I might give it a try. (It`ll not be the place to be seen if I start frequenting it! :suspect: )

Tried to go in one evening at the beginning of the year but they wouldn't let me in because "We don't allow trainers". I was wearing brown walking shoes which I showed them but they wouldn't back down.

I was dressed fairly neatly but wasn't good enough.

So my advice is if you are male an over 40 don't count on getting in.

Tried to go in one evening at the beginning of the year but they wouldn't let me in because "We don't allow trainers". I was wearing brown walking shoes which I showed them but they wouldn't back down.

I was dressed fairly neatly but wasn't good enough.

So my advice is if you are male an over 40 don't count on getting in.

I wonder if I can get in with my Converse, lol:hihi:

I went in not long ago - very nice like menzels was oly problem was the waiting at the bar to get served

I wonder if I can get in with my Converse, lol:hihi:

What does that even mean? :confused:

What does that even mean? :confused:

Converse is a popular brand of footwear.

Converse is a popular brand of footwear.

Is it? I thought she was talking about her lack of riveting conversation or some such thing.

Is it? I thought she was talking about her lack of riveting conversation or some such thing.

Lol:hihi:. Maybe your personality, or lack of, was the reason they wouldn't let you in.

Its apparently struggling badly,typical pretentious place catering to a niche clientelle.

Its apparently struggling badly,typical pretentious place catering to a niche clientelle.

It wouldn't be my cup of tea. If I was ever to go out,I'd prefer cozy pubs or at least somewhere with a pool table.

Edited by AmberLeaf

aahh fond Memories of Menzels - all the cheap suits and HRT you needed under one roof! I remember the bar staff asking me - Are you sure you can afford this round? I then ordered about six more cocktails, waited for them to fanny about making them then said "oh no i cant" and walked out - sounds like it hasn't changed much!