Free range eggs ?

Does anyone know where to buy Fresh free range eggs?

and I "mean" fresh and free range! I am tired of eggs that are either getting a bit old or have not been feeding on the right diet.

When taken out of their shells a good egg holds together much better than a poor egg.

I have just purchased a dozen eggs from a deli in Crookes where I was assured of the freshness of the eggs but the whites had the consistency of water and no integrity. Sell by dates don't mean freshness!

Oh for some good eggs!

PM me if your eggs are good!

Edited by mossdog

Does anyone know where to buy Fresh free range eggs?

and I "mean" fresh and free range! I am tired of eggs that are either getting a bit old or have not been feeding on the right diet.

When taken out of their shells a good egg holds together much better than a poor egg.

I have just purchased a dozen eggs from a deli in Crookes where I was assured of the freshness of the eggs but the whites had the consistency of water and no integrity. Sell by dates don't mean freshness!

Oh for some good eggs!

PM me if your eggs are good!

I buy freshly laid eggs from the farm at Monsal Head (In the valley). The chickens truly are 'free range' too, having their very own field, not the EEC 'have five minutes outside every day' type of free range. Good value too … cheep!

.......thanks for the info but a bit far out as I am in S6

Check the 'best before' date on the carton which is also often stamped on the egg itself.

It's 28 days after the egg was laid.

I don't like the texture of eggs that are too fresh and eggs for some recipes they need to be a week or so old.

I get my free range from the old grocerie shop on the corner of Wadsley Lane and Marlcliffe Road. They get them from a local farmer.

Buy a coop and 3 or 4 chickens, best eggs you will ever taste. I loved the eggs my chickens laid and also managed to get a £ or two towards the food and wood chippings.

Buy a coop and 3 or 4 chickens, best eggs you will ever taste. I loved the eggs my chickens laid and also managed to get a £ or two towards the food and wood chippings.
..........I was brought up with all that but unfortunately for health issues don't have the time anymore!

To lots who have never tasted a good egg, an egg is an egg,but we know different.

I will pay well for good eggs if I could find them!

My local cafe Temptation cafe opposite Hillsborough library sell free range eggs, very nice they are to!:)

Get ours of uncle pat he got a coop best eggs you will ever taste and for fee so better than cheep

I get mine from Chris Beeches on South Road Walkley, he gets them from a farm in Stannington, a couple of deliveries a week. Nice big golden yolks.

I get mine from Chris Beeches on South Road Walkley, he gets them from a farm in Stannington, a couple of deliveries a week. Nice big golden yolks.
.........that would be Townfield head farm who supply a number of outlets.You can buy direct from them .

I have had mixed results from them regarding freshness but they are genuine free range!

I have the same problem so thanks for the suggestions, I'll be trying beeches :)