Protective rubber gloves

Does anyone know whether Who should pay for the disposable rubber protective gloves, the support provider company or my relative.

Support workers wear gloves when applying cream to face, body and bathing etc

I thought as part of the support Company's package they get these items paid to them by the council?

Any of the things that I should be aware of that support Company are responsible for?

Thank you

Jo

If an employee needs gloves or any other PPE to perform their job then their employer should pay for it. If they are self employed (sole trader) then they buy the item(s) themselves and take it out of their profits.

If you are being provided a service by someone they should provide their own PPE.

Thanks Chez2

I spoken to the support staff they claim all their clients each have to pay for their PPE.

My relative Also pays other expenses which I am sure he shouldnt be charged for. Things are certainly don't seem right.

It's awkward. I have asked our social worker, he hadn't a clue. Who should I contact now.

Edited by Jomail

Never knew about these expenses, it seems that we have the same issues for my sister.

How do we find out who's responsible for these costs ?

this is where a union earns its money.

Who is the employer? As I say in my post, the employer pays for gloves etc. if they are self employed they buy it themselves.

Edited by Chez2
Typo

Thank you for your replies

The care provider company employs the staff to support my relative so I think they know their responsible for paying PPE.

i would like to be able to produce an official written evidence to show the care provider and maybe our social worker who hasn't a clue. I presume care providers receive some payments from Sheffield Council. I dont know which Department deals with these expenditures?

I really don't think its up to you to prove anything. Their employer knows this is mandatory and is being unfair to you.

Here is a link to HSE if this makes you happier. I really do feel bad for you that they are taking such advantage of you. Hope this link helps you.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/toolbox/ppe.htm

Just spoken to you on your other thread. Did you get this sorted?

Hi

It may seem very trivial but I just found out my son is also paying for stationary that his support workers use when writing notes and updates etc. I always thought it was the support provider who pays for for these? I have given them pens every now and then but they all seem to disappear into thin air within a few days.

It’s very difficult to find out and maybe in hindsight if I’d known I would’ve had a proper list from the Support provider Compsny so I know what my sons suppose to pay and what they’re responsible for!

Does anyone have these issues?

It is the company's responsibility to provide employees with PPE unless self employed. As a support worker we are provided with all PPE.

---------- Post added 09-02-2018 at 22:38 ----------

Read through the contract which should be in with the care plan. These sort of things should be included in there.