F a o gas fitters

Quick question for any of you gas fitters out there .is it permissible to use a push fit stop end to cap off a live gas pipe as I've taken a floor up and discovered that someone has used a push fit stop end or should it be capped off with a soldered on stop end ?

Just to let you know you can't use compression under floor boards either has to be a soldered cap end. Happy to sort if needed.

Regards Jonathan

Just to let you know you can't use compression under floor boards either has to be a soldered cap end. Happy to sort if needed.

Regards Jonathan

Thank you for your answer ,I will fit a soldered end on now then

Thank you for your answer ,I will fit a soldered end on now then

Are you gas safe

Are you gas safe

Must confess I'm not but I'm very confident in my diy skills

You shouldn't be doing it yes it is a simple job

But what if it leaks and you cause a explosion your out but neighbours are in and you kill them and this does happen

HI I have a few properties that i rent out require a plumber that i can rely on.

two bungalows have power showers with condecing boilers not combi boilers./ They have a pump under bath and will soon need re-placing do you do this kind of work . Need some one i can trust and comes when they say they will at reasonable notice. . Cheers Spider 1:suspect:

HI I have a few properties that i rent out require a plumber that i can rely on.

two bungalows have power showers with condecing boilers not combi boilers./ They have a pump under bath and will soon need re-placing do you do this kind of work . Need some one i can trust and comes when they say they will at reasonable notice. . Cheers Spider 1:suspect:

No I won't undertake that sort of work ,I'm happy doing my own stuff ,you want someone who does this stuff for a living to do your stuff for you

No I won't undertake that sort of work ,I'm happy doing my own stuff ,you want someone who does this stuff for a living to do your stuff for you

Yes / looking for retired plumber that is on hand . Most seem to want a weeks notice and are unreliable :loopy:

You shouldn't be doing it yes it is a simple job

But what if it leaks and you cause a explosion your out but neighbours are in and you kill them and this does happen

Like I say I'm very confident in my work and I will be meticulous and won't rush it

No offence but if you are competent to work on a gas supply then you would have already known a push fit fitting was not suitable for gas.

I think next year I'll not bother with my gas safe certificate as I'm competent and meticulous in my work. Should be a good enough excuse if I'm ever caught out.

You do also realise that while soldering gas pipework the meter needs to be either removed or disked to prevent any build up of gas combusting.