Sheffield majorettes/marching bands

Just read your link back in 2006, I was also in the Manor Majorettes, my friends Aunt and uncle started it up, with some other friends of theirs, and it soon took off, they then changed the name to the Manor militaires.

I remember having to go upto Standhouse school each week to practice in our black and white uniforms, and those large hats.

I left early 80's, when it was still the millitares.

was this george and joyce birtles

No its not George and Joyce. It was Pat and Roy Bennett that started it along with my dad John, other people came and went including George and Joyce.

Its with sadness, to those of you that didnt know that Pat passed away in July of this year. R.I.P Sadly missed by all.

George and Joyce Birtles are my uncle and aunt, they had 5 kids. Not seen any of em for over 20 years

I used to be on the smartie majorettes in the 80's based at sharrow school, unfortunately I had to leave when my parents split.

I really enjoyed it

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 20:41 ----------

I was in the smarties of sharrow too for years and years. Mr Blackwell, love him or loathe him was the organiser.

We ulse to pratice in Sharrow Lane Junior Schools assembly hall for years then later at the vestry hall.

Shamefully I stayed in the majorettes through junior school and most of secondary school, got a few good picks left too.

I was in the smarties too in the 80's and remember practising at sharrow school.

It is with great sadness to inform all that John Bridge passed away on Saturday 26th Sept, He was a respected member of the manor millitaires. R.I.P Dad

:help:Does anyone have any pictures / videos? Smarties of Sharrow?I was in this band when it first started up and remember some fond times going to majorette school,marching around the school hall to Donna Summer and being squashed in the back of Mr Blackwell's car and the memorable cowgirl outfit!. Sadly I have no pictures at all. Would be really grateful as now none believes me when I say I was a majorette -I can still do figure of 8 though and some!