Sheffield majorettes/marching bands

good memories of it all, my dad used to do all the filming for pat & roy bennett !!

i was only about 7 yr old at the time and used to love the summer days out, my 2 yr old sister at the time was their mascot, the photo is still on the wall from the scunthorpe event lol, is there any archives or pics on the net anywhere ?

I've had a good look on the net for any pics of us in the Majorettes and found none.. :(

I'm hoping to be getting some pics of us in the Millitaires from my step-mum soon, so I'll be posting them on here for all to see.. :)

I was in the Smarties of Sharrow Majorettes, we were based at the Meersbrook vestry hall in the early 90's :)

Mr Blackwell who was my teacher at Sharrow Lane School, in J-3 (the year I turned 10) was the leader of Smarties of Sharrow.

i am pat and roys daughter joanne. My parents have a dvd of the comps that they used to run at endcliffe park and also a "few" photos but they are not allowed out of the house lol

they both remember those days fondly and mum always says that she would love a reunion ok

my children were in wincobank chapel majorettes and band,maureen and wendy andpete ,were running it,hope there is a reunion.

good memories of it all, my dad used to do all the filming for pat & roy bennett !!

i was only about 7 yr old at the time and used to love the summer days out, my 2 yr old sister at the time was their mascot, the photo is still on the wall from the scunthorpe event lol, is there any archives or pics on the net anywhere ?

theres a few knocking around on face book!!!what memories pat and roy are my aunt and uncle...

i am pat and roys daughter joanne. My parents have a dvd of the comps that they used to run at endcliffe park and also a "few" photos but they are not allowed out of the house lol

they both remember those days fondly and mum always says that she would love a reunion ok

I've been tagged in one of your photos on FB, but alas, I can't see the rest of your photos in your Majorettes album.. :(

my cousins were in the jordannaires.

know people in concord & i marched with forgemen.

I Marched Jordanaires for many years & then joined up with Forgemen staff many years later,

Marching was best years of my youth loved every minute of it, rehersals in the rain & snow, outside for 6 hours plus on a sunday... but all the competitions we won it was all worth it... still in touch with a few people from that era & met good friends and traveled the country.

I was in the smarties of sharrow too for years and years. Mr Blackwell, love him or loathe him was the organiser.

We ulse to pratice in Sharrow Lane Junior Schools assembly hall for years then later at the vestry hall.

Shamefully I stayed in the majorettes through junior school and most of secondary school, got a few good picks left too.

Hi Jo, omg this is taking me back, happy times was had by all lol. I was in the majorettes (do u remember me? I used to come with my friend Alison Jones) I was in your group as a batton twirler then we went to riffles. I remember u always had a bandage on ur knee. Did anythin ever happen with the reunion idea? Just wondered we cud start a facebook page and try to get together.

Say hello to ur Mum an Dad, I spent many hours in their company, whether it be practice at standhouse school or the hundreds of parades we did. ;)