Taxi Fare Rises Aug 2016

Taxi insurance has increased, mechanic charges have increased due to minimum wage going up, fuel has gone up in last couple of days but still people moan when taxis get a fare increase that is the first one since 2010.

how many times have buses put their fares up since 2010?

That doesnt change the fact there had been a fuel surcharge left unchanged when the cost of fuel dropped dramatically. Who was pocketing this increase in cost to the customer? The taxi drivers.

And now there are none

Whatever you've read, you must have misread it.

Uber won every hand going. They'll now have all the ones off the smaller companies too.

Can someone explain to me why taxi's can use bus lanes?

No one?

its one of those strange enigma's isn't it?

Simply because they are classed as public transport same as the buses etc .. they are there to serve the publics transport needs !

Simply because they are classed as public transport same as the buses etc .. they are there to serve the publics transport needs !

and to be fair, they aren't much use, as there's always someone parked in them. 1 car is all that is needed. It holds buses up, causes more hassle for cars too.

Personally, I think they should be towed away. A £30 quid fine is risk some people can afford so they do it. Abbeydale Road especially. I don't think I've ever driven up it without a car in it.

Has anyone noticed most taxi drivers do not help you with your luggage anymore? They open the boot up and stand and let you put your cases in and at the end of the journey

they don't even get out of the taxi to open the boot up for you.

I realised after that I shouldn't have bothered tipping them.

Edited by jaffa1

I find it hard to believe they do this either. Its very rare a black cab driver knows how to get to the road I ask for.

I no longer ask for Stannington View Road (Crookes) as most of them think it's at Stannington! Doh!

---------- Post added 06-10-2016 at 23:39 ----------

Has anyone noticed most taxi drivers do not help you with your luggage anymore? They open the boot up and stand and let you put your cases in and at the end of the journey

they don't even get out of the taxi to open the boot up for you.

I realised after that I shouldn't have bothered tipping them.

I don't if they don't.

Simply?

Simply because Sheffield chooses to allow them.

Many other towns do not allow taxis in bus lanes.

I don't see how one person taking a taxi to a destination is any more virtuous than me driving myself to a destination using my car.