Taxi Fare Rises Aug 2016

We rarely get cabs but would always use a proper cab service, not Uber. If I pay for a service, I want a professional who has been checked. I also want others to make a fair living.

I think you will find that Uber are the biggest professional taxi firm in the world.

C.P

Be able to pass a medical and background check as part of the licensing process.

http://jobs.workingmums.co.uk/job/18490593/uber-partner-driver-sheffield-/

Edited by kidley

I think you will find that Uber are the biggest professional taxi firm in the world.

:hihi:

C.P

Be able to pass a medical and background check as part of the licensing process.

http://jobs.workingmums.co.uk/job/18490593/uber-partner-driver-sheffield-/

Advertised in Sheffield. So apply and see what they advise to get you a licence.

Then post again.

Uber would hate Kidley describing them as a professional Taxi Company lol, they regard themselves as a software or a technology company who connect riders with drivers. They have no qualms about whether the drivers are professional or not as long as they can earn their pint of blood in form of 25% commission out of them. I'd love to

See evidence they actually are a professional taxi company so that I can give you evidence of how they are not.

Uber would hate Kidley describing them as a professional Taxi Company lol, they regard themselves as a software or a technology company who connect riders with drivers. They have no qualms about whether the drivers are professional or not as long as they can earn their pint of blood in form of 25% commission out of them. I'd love to

See evidence they actually are a professional taxi company so that I can give you evidence of how they are not.

No matter what you say or what Uber says

C&P

any person who earns their living from a specified professional activity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional

If you say taxi drivers are not professional or, Uber is not a professional company then fair enough.

Uber page linked to is a good example, gives impression of an easy chance to make money (out of us the public) but missing from the whole page is any mention of training to be a professional driver. Maybe I missed it, can anyone find the training they give other than showing you the directions to easiest council to get a dodgy license from?

We rarely get cabs but would always use a proper cab service, not Uber. If I pay for a service, I want a professional who has been checked. I also want others to make a fair living.

Have used a black cab recently?? Im actually going to try uber next time im in Sheffield due to the fact the number of times ive had black cabs not speak hardly any english

Not know where they are going

Being on the phone whilst driving

Poor condition of cab.

If im paying a premium price i expect premium service which you do not get.

Edited by haddy
Spelling mistake

Uber page linked to is a good example, gives impression of an easy chance to make money (out of us the public) but missing from the whole page is any mention of training to be a professional driver. Maybe I missed it, can anyone find the training they give other than showing you the directions to easiest council to get a dodgy license from?

To be a professional taxi driver it has to be your main income, irrespective of whether you are a good. bad or indifferent driver, and has no bearing on where you are licensed.

Not defending poor service from anyone black cabs or otherwise. They are not all alike and would be wrong to generalise. Uber is welcome to employ or contract local drivers who have passed the local knowledge test and their cars are tested by the local council, no objection. The fact that they circumvent the local higher standards in favour of easier to get licences from Rossendale is potentially dangerous to say the least. How can a lesser trained driver with a dodgy licence can be more professional than someone who has passed the more difficult Sheffield licensing process?

No matter what you say or what Uber says

C&P

any person who earns their living from a specified professional activity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional

If you say taxi drivers are not professional or, Uber is not a professional company then fair enough.

You're just using a play on words. Can you answer my posts earlier to OP kidley?: if you have a daughter at uni who was drunk and lost her friends in town, would you rather a City had licensed and regulated drivers and cars that she gets in? Or use a phone app and get someone who could have been licensed somewhere where the only requirement for picking up lone drunk women is a DBS check?

Jamesogogt has already disappeared when asked anything difficult, and now he's got his new commission for advertising. Let's listen to a proper person. Which would you choose?

Have used a black can recently?? Im actually going yo try uber next time im in Sheffield due to the fact the number if times ive had black cabs not speak hardly any english

Not know where they are going

Being on the phone whilst driving

Poir condition of cab.

If im paying a premium price i expect premium service which you do not get.

Perhaps their English was better than yours and they couldn't understand you :)

The problem with using out of town licensed taxis is that Sheffield Council have no jurisdiction to check them for regulatory enforcement because they are licensed by another authority. The other authority in this case Rossendale, are not about to send their officers 60 miles to Sheffield to check those cars. The drivers know that all too well and with blessings of Uber are able to work and when picking up illegal pick ups to rip people off at leasure. As Ash has asked, would you be willing to send your daughter in a Rossendale licensed taxi or a Sheffield licensed car?

You're just using a play on words. Can you answer my posts earlier to OP kidley?: if you have a daughter at uni who was drunk and lost her friends in town, would you rather a City had licensed and regulated drivers and cars that she gets in? Or use a phone app and get someone who could have been licensed somewhere where the only requirement for picking up lone drunk women is a DBS check?

Jamesogogt has already disappeared when asked anything difficult, and now he's got his new commission for advertising. Let's listen to a proper person. Which would you choose?

Perhaps their English was better than yours and they couldn't understand you :)

Ash

It has been said countless times on S/F and every where els about the bad driving of taxi drivers,

Also i could give you e.g of reported rape and vastly over charging students by a driver who has gone through the Sheffield Commitments to get a licence, i am not condemning or condoning any company, but saying because the limit of taxi licences has been reached in Sheffield, and a driver goes somewhere els to get a licence is a driver you should not use is nonsensical, there are good and bad in all taxi company's.

Ash

It has been said countless times on S/F and every where els about the bad driving of taxi drivers,

hence we all are.

:roll:

If I wasn't licensed by Sheffield, I could put up a half hour film everyday of bad driving that I see.

In fact, I don't even know why I'm bothering considering this post.

No answer as per usual. Why not just post on FB and twitter? They don't have reasonable discussions either.

Ash

Also i could give you e.g of reported rape and vastly over charging students by a driver who has gone through the Sheffield Commitments to get a licence, i am not condemning or condoning any company, but saying because the limit of taxi licences has been reached in Sheffield, and a driver goes somewhere els to get a licence is a driver you should not use is nonsensical, there are good and bad in all taxi company's.

And again, is it fair that people who Sheffield CC don't consider good enough to drive in their city can go to somewhere who doesn't give a toss, and they can then come in any old car, have no SCC taxi insurance, don't have to pay anything like what I do and my colleagues, then come and take their work by using this advantage to undercut?

You think that is fair business? Come on, answer something kidley!