My Old Home on Fulwood Road

If you put the address into Google it will tell you when it was sold last, and how much for. I did it on a previous house of mine :)

It's not a very wise insurance policy to leave a house unoccupied and not looked after though.

You run the very real risk of your nest egg turning rotten!

Depends on the state they left it in, if it already needed work anyway but they keep it air/water tight? I do agree though, I'd certainly try and let it instead of sitting empty, but then I am not a multi-millionaire!

Depends on the state they left it in, if it already needed work anyway but they keep it air/water tight? I do agree though, I'd certainly try and let it instead of sitting empty, but then I am not a multi-millionaire!

True, but without anyone to look after it how long will it stay like that.

Only takes one storm to knock a couple of tiles off the roof, if left long enough the house will be a right old state.

Why not knock on next door neighbours door and ask if they know anything about the owner.

Will probably be my next step to ask the neighbours.

You can check full recorded(post-whatever-so-long-ago) sale history on land registry website for free. If it's one I am thinking about it was last sold in July 2000.

You can buy owner information from them.

Electoral roll might give you some information.

Council will know who pays council tax. I doubt they will tell you thou.

Same goes for for gas, lecky and water.

The last date given agrees with the date my mum sold the house to the Chinese family. So maybe they have gone to China and simply left the place to the elements.

Or else they're still in residence, sat in the armchairs gradually turning into skeletons.

Or else they're still in residence, sat in the armchairs gradually turning into skeletons.

Or growing room-fulls of canabis.

I would like to go back and have a visit to my childhood home on Deerlands Avenue.