My Old Home on Fulwood Road

I know this is a long shot! Between 1981 and 1996 I lived at my parents' house on Fulwood Road, just up from Nethergreen.

The house stands on the corner of Fulwood Road and Stumperlow Park Road and across from Belsize Road. (I won't give the number out for obvious reasons.)

I am writing to ask if anyone knows whether the house is presently occupied, which I hugely doubt as the once well-maintained gardens and lawns are now totally overgrown. It looks as if the property has been empty for years.

A strange request but my heart sinks every time I go past my former home.

Why not walk up and peer in through the windows?

You can buy a copy of the title off the land registry for a few quid.

Technically I could be trespassing but I did have a look yesterday. There's post piled up in the porch and all the curtains and blinds are drawn.

Land registry idea is a good idea though.

Land registry will not tell you if there is somebody in the house or not. You will only find out the current owner...

hows about the Electoral Role?

Land registry will not tell you if there is somebody in the house or not. You will only find out the current owner...

True, but it's a place to start.

I imagine the current owner has moved away for some reason, which might make tracking them down difficult, but if you could locate them they could be quite receptive to selling it.

The house stands on the corner of Fulwood Road and Stumperlow Park Road and across from Belsize Road. (I won't give the number out for obvious reasons.)

I am writing to ask if anyone knows whether the house is presently occupied, which I hugely doubt as the once well-maintained gardens and lawns are now totally overgrown.

I wonder how difficult it would be to guess which house it is.

Well, in order to get a decent reply - from a neighbour perhaps - I thought it best to narrow it down as Fulwood Road is quite long.

Unless you were just being childish, of course?

Edited by Ousetunes

I know of a few people who live here half the time and elsewhere the other half, could it be that they are retired and have a house in another country?

It's quite probable but I would have thought they would arrange for the grass, at least to be cut. It's three feet high and obviously gives a signal that the house is unoccupied.

I know my mum sold the property to a Chinese family but I don't know if they have sold it since. I know it went up for sale a few years ago but don't know if it ever sold.

It's quite probable but I would have thought they would arrange for the grass, at least to be cut. It's three feet high and obviously gives a signal that the house is unoccupied.

I know my mum sold the property to a Chinese family but I don't know if they have sold it since. I know it went up for sale a few years ago but don't know if it ever sold.

Ah, in that case, with some certainty, I can say that they are hanging on to it as a fall-back option in case something goes wrong in China (economically).

Several Chinese I know now live in China again but have decided not to sell their UK property as an insurance policy.

It's not a very wise insurance policy to leave a house unoccupied and not looked after though.

You run the very real risk of your nest egg turning rotten!