Recommended Orthodontist in Sheffield?

I'm looking into purchasing braces so I need to find a private orthodontist as it obviously isn't offered on the NHS post-18. Has anybody had, or know someone who has had, braces from a Sheffield orthodontist and can recommend it?

Also, does anybody know how much it is likely to cost? The rough guideline seems to be between £2,000 and £4,500. My teeth are mildly wonky and my budget is about £3,000.

Unfortunately, they don't tell you how much it'll be until you go in for a consultation... And £100 for a consultation is a big waste of money just to find out it'll be £4,500 and therefore too expensive.

try ric at western bank dentist,above Starbucks at the side of children's hospital,I've just had some work done I thought they were reasonably priced,but above all they are really nice people ..

Yes Occudental on Western bank are good. Michelle has an interest in Orthodontics, so does Ric. I think.

Many other competent general dentists are able to do orthodontics also.

Nowadays the trend is to recommend the so called invisible tray aligners, these go under the trade names of Invisalign, or Six month smiles, quick click, etc. etc. They are expensive for what they are, but the Dentist or Orthodontist could have the same type of trays made locally at a fraction of the cost, you won't get the fancy carrier bag and packaging though you will keep it local.

Combination fixed/removable appliances are by far the best if you are prepared to wear them, costs are often less than the big brand "invisible" type, and can disguised a little by using tooth coloured brackets.

Yes Occudental on Western bank are good. Michelle has an interest in Orthodontics, so does Ric. I think.

Many other competent general dentists are able to do orthodontics also.

Nowadays the trend is to recommend the so called invisible tray aligners, these go under the trade names of Invisalign, or Six month smiles, quick click, etc. etc. They are expensive for what they are, but the Dentist or Orthodontist could have the same type of trays made locally at a fraction of the cost, you won't get the fancy carrier bag and packaging though you will keep it local.

Combination fixed/removable appliances are by far the best if you are prepared to wear them, costs are often less than the big brand "invisible" type, and can disguised a little by using tooth coloured brackets.

I've done it with Michelle about 6 years ago, I do NOT recommend her at all. Inbox me and I'll be more than happy to tell you why if you are interested, you can see the result for yourself

I can recommend my dentist Mr Priyadarshan Gaitonde at the Porter Brook Dental Centre. He does orthodontic work using FastBraces with quicker results. I think the first consultation is free but you might want to call and check. Their number is 01142799894.

The Orthodentists over the road to us seem to have a good reputation. I was talking to a mum the other day who was waiting in the cafe underneath, and she was saying how pleased they are with the service.

Orthodontic Centre

498 Ecclesall Road

Sheffield

S11 8PY

0114 268 4753