Will Forestieri be Sold

I say this over and over again.....Modern day football sucks as money has well and truly sucked the life out of the sport!

I've said it in the past when we have sold key players and it is no different you lot at that level or any club at any level really.

With the odd exception here and there, players no longer have any form of loyalty for the club who pay their wages. All they provide is a stage to perform on whilst hoping to pick up a bigger pay cheque at some point.

When a players head gets turned by interest elsewhere this is pretty much it. People say you lack ambition when you sell the player but what else can you do when they want to go elsewhere? The very minute that a player considers another club is the minute his head has been turned, as a result his performances will gradually deteriorate and before you know it you are paying wages for sun standard performances.

This is why agents and clubs throw rumours about in the first place, to gauge interest or as underarm tactics to unsettle players and throw them off their game.

Of course agents play a huge part in ruining football as well by actively sniffing out moves for players whilst already playing for somebody. They wait until the player hits a bit of form and then they look for a payday!.

Somebody needs to look at this and start getting clauses written into contracts in an attempt to stamp it out completely. Clubs have lost control completely with agents and players showing no respect for their employers...They see themselves as bigger than the clubs (even more so the higher up the leagues you go due to ridiculous individual valuations).

Buying success has an even greater meaning these days, which incidentally is why the fair play rules were introduced!....Clubs are held to ransom by players and have to throw a hell of a lot of money around to bring players in and keep them happy. Once at the club they then have to offer improved contracts to players regularly in order to keep them! It makes me sick!

Anyway a slight set back for you lot but I am sure you will replace him if he moves on! I said he wouldn't go but that was based on him wanting to be at Sheffield Wednesday....If he doesn't want to be then he has no option but to go.

I do wonder though whether Fletcher coming in on what is potentially a very high wage has unsettled forestieri too? I'm not stirring just seriously wondering because money does all the talking.

I think you are missing something mate.GREED is what football is.Some clubs are GREEDIER than others.Some clubs are for families.

A player will go to a bigger club if they offer more money.Simple fact.

Maybe if families are struggling to put a decent meal on the table then they ought to confront the chairman and ask for a proper priced ticket and not overpriced robbing of the fans.

Can you let us know which club robs fans and some evidence of it?

Can you let us know which club robs fans and some evidence of it?

Whilst I agree with him to an extent in what I think the point is that he is trying to get across (same old debate of clubs overpricing tickets and forcing families out of the game?) ......I don't think he has words it correctly and throws a blatant dig in as well :hihi:

Whilst I agree with him to an extent in what I think the point is that he is trying to get across (same old debate of clubs overpricing tickets and forcing families out of the game?) ......I don't think he has words it correctly and throws a blatant dig in as well :hihi:

There are nearly 20,000 season ticket holders at S6 all of whom have got a bargain, I have a membership card which last season made the money I paid per match about £28-30 on average this was perfectly reasonable for the product on offer in today's inflated market, the only fans that are being hit are the ever dwindling number of pay on the gate on the day (the ones who moaned loudest when they couldn't get a PO final ticket) these probably amount to a casual couple of thousand fans of which half will moan and pay anyway, so only about a 1000 fans are really affected, most of these will be the two or three games a season fans I'm not dissing them but you can't cater for everybody, ST holders rightly come first and they are being robbed in no way whatsoever.

There are nearly 20,000 season ticket holders at S6 all of whom have got a bargain, I have a membership card which last season made the money I paid per match about £28-30 on average this was perfectly reasonable for the product on offer in today's inflated market, the only fans that are being hit are the ever dwindling number of pay on the gate on the day (the ones who moaned loudest when they couldn't get a PO final ticket) these probably amount to a casual couple of thousand fans of which half will moan and pay anyway, so only about a 1000 fans are really affected, most of these will be the two or three games a season fans I'm not dissing them but you can't cater for everybody, ST holders rightly come first and they are being robbed in no way whatsoever.

Been a season ticket holder for many a year so I am more than aware of the savings that can be had as a result however in working class cities such as ours you have to accept that a good few people can't afford the initial outlay of a season ticket and others can't commit to a full season etc.

Look at average salary of supporters who live within Sheffield postcode areas Ian..........

http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/HTMLDocs/incomeestimates.html

As you can see we are a very working class city with many having "too much month left at the end of the wages" as they saying goes therefore even season ticket prices are out of reach for many, never mind buying season tickets for the kids as well....................

This isn't a dig on Sheffield Wednesday on my part what so ever, this is a direct attack on football pricing in general as the game continues to become less affordable for fans and families....Something needs doing to safeguard the future of the sport because at the minute the game is moving way faster than the national minimum wage.

Been a season ticket holder for many a year so I am more than aware of the savings that can be had as a result however in working class cities such as ours you have to accept that a good few people can't afford the initial outlay of a season ticket and others can't commit to a full season etc.

Look at average salary of supporters who live within Sheffield postcode areas Ian..........

http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/HTMLDocs/incomeestimates.html

As you can see we are a very working class city with many having "too much month left at the end of the wages" as they saying goes therefore even season ticket prices are out of reach for many, never mind buying season tickets for the kids as well....................

This isn't a dig on Sheffield Wednesday on my part what so ever, this is a direct attack on football pricing in general as the game continues to become less affordable for fans and families....Something needs doing to safeguard the future of the sport because at the minute the game is moving way faster than the national minimum wage.

I've said this many times myself, it's a pity some can't see beyond their prejudices and lay it at the door of one club, he doesn't even attend games at the nice little family club he speaks about.

He's seen all these new players coming in and they are on good wages,he was the top earner before so he thinks he should be paid more some other team has offered him more money and unsettled him,I think mr chansiri will not want to lose him or sell him I think mr chansiri will be willing to pay him what he wants in the end....hopefully FF will stay and start to play as he is a very good player and important part of our team.

Whatever his problem has been, he has certainly gone the wrong way about resolving it. Never in fifty eight years of supporting the Owls have we been faced with a player who refuses to travel to the game. Get rid, our team will still acheive there goal without him , of that i am sure.

Whatever his problem has been, he has certainly gone the wrong way about resolving it. Never in fifty eight years of supporting the Owls have we been faced with a player who refuses to travel to the game. Get rid, our team will still acheive there goal without him , of that i am sure.

Warhurst once refused to play centre half in a cup final and had to be persuaded.

Carbone refused to sit on the bench at Southampton and left the ground!He then left the club,and Phil King refused to play a game,also i remember a game last season where FF said he wasnt upto playing,cant remember against who though,it was after a league cup tie from memory.

All in all its really unproffesional to say the least from a HUGE fans favorite,weve supported him throughthe sending offs sagas last season and hes pulled an ill advised stunt to engineer either a move or a pay rise,shame Matias isnt fit as this could have backfired big time on FF if hed have taken his chance!

Just a greedy git but he's like most players money speaks nowadays .

Just hope for your sakes it don't rock the boat and ye get a player who aint in the same class.

See Rhodes is mentioned l think he would do well for you as l can't see him being a prolific goal scorer in the premiership.

Hope this gets settled for you ASAP.

a very sheepish look Forestieri turned up for training this morning and his agent later Tweeted Sheffield Wednesday is the only Championship club that FF wants to play for . Didn't play for personal reasons . Which is either a backtrack or he is off to Swansea

maybe hes a massive Norwich fan and didnt want to help beat em?