Agoraphobia ? Or just panic attacks ?

I have a lot of panic attacks, and for some reason I am now beginning to want to shut myself away in the house. Just the thought of going out starts off the usual racing of my heart and hot sweats, panicky feeling and therefore I am making up reasons not to go out.

Even going on holiday, which I live for, to my beautiful Greek island was fraught with fending off panic attacks and the upset stomachs that go with them.

Any advice on how I can try and cope with these before they go out of control is more than welcome.

X. Thank you.

Can't offer advice I'm afraid, just a bit of sympathy. I have had anxiety issues too over the last year, though they are much improved now. I was really happy with the service I got from Iapt. The GP referred me. He gave me practical stuff to do, like do some exercise each day, I did a yoga class (it was free as was part of a research study).

I have a lot of panic attacks, and for some reason I am now beginning to want to shut myself away in the house. Just the thought of going out starts off the usual racing of my heart and hot sweats, panicky feeling and therefore I am making up reasons not to go out.

Even going on holiday, which I live for, to my beautiful Greek island was fraught with fending off panic attacks and the upset stomachs that go with them.

Any advice on how I can try and cope with these before they go out of control is more than welcome.

X. Thank you.

Iv had panic attacks which relate to my anxiety and depression not so much not leaving the house but more waking up at night struggling to breath almost jumping out of bed. My seem to get triggered if I'm very stressed about something or had some bad news and plays on my mind . Is their something in your life at present that's has upset you and stressed you out by finding the root cause this will help you to combat it ?

Go to your GP if this carries on they may refer you to an mental health service who will help you their is nothing to fear we all have bumps in our lives their is no shame in asking for help .Good luck.

Many thanks for the replies xx

A lot like me. im feeling like i have to leave the city