Video editing software

I'll not boost a 2008 thread I'm sure the software has advanced since then...

Been using Movie Edit Touch which is incredibly basic with very minor edit functions.

I'm ready for the next step, cheap and cheerful would be ideal. Any suggestions?

I'll not boost a 2008 thread I'm sure the software has advanced since then...

Been using Movie Edit Touch which is incredibly basic with very minor edit functions.

I'm ready for the next step, cheap and cheerful would be ideal. Any suggestions?

:hihi:

I suppose it really depends on what you want to do.

I use Blender but it's probably not the easiest editor to use because it's more than just a video editor and also comes with lots of animation and 3D-modelling functions (if you're interested in that sort of thing)...

... but the big bonus is IT'S FREE open-source software, and there are loads of YouTube tutorials to have a look at... like

It can be downloaded from here! :)

Hello

Surprisingly Windows Movie Maker is very good and simple to use software with great functionality pack. This would be pretty basic software. The other choice would be Sony Vegas Pro, or Final Cut pro (if you're MAC user). If you want video editor with FX capabilities (super speed, teleportation, flight effects, green screen, explosions, weather conditions etc.), i'd recommend Adobe After Effects. There is a lot of softwares available, but if you are looking for good functionality it will be hard to find right package for free. I'd suggest to TRY some of softwares I mentioned, and if you like them - buy it. Hope this helps. Have a great day!

I'm not sure how much you want to spend under cheap and cheerful but this is only £40 (£10 off) and well worth it. They even have a 30 day money back guarantee.

http://www.magix.com/index.php?gclid=Cj0KEQjw8pC9BRCqrq37zZil4a0BEiQAZO_zrCuJA3JGhjq1sAFuwdTUxn2KYV1y1qIko7kOc3kdzDIaApRT8P8HAQ&id=20773&L=38&C=74&pHash=52DoOfQmmF2Qqab9&ef_id=VVxT1QAABGa4PVKE%3A20160805140920%3As

I have an earlier version and have done several videos with it, found it very easy to use and has quite a lot of options given its cost.