Musicians over 50 wanted

On Thursday September 29th, Sheffield 50+ will be hosting a large event on the Moor, celebrating our city's citizens who are over 50 but doing great things.

They are looking for musicians and other performers (who are 50+) to do short sets. There will be a small stage with a PA and a stage manager.

If you are interested please post below here with a description of what you do I'll send you the contact details of the organisers.

Cheers

Hi jamesstarky I'm part of a 6 piece band that performs Americana/country/bluegrass around Yorkshire and occasionally beyond. Four of us are the topside of 50 but the other two are somewhat younger, I don't know if this would exclude us?

Hi,

Similar to the poster above, I'm in a band most of whom are 50+. We are Spanky Johnson, a nine-piece Rock & Soul band with male and female vocals and a brass section. We play mostly covers of Soul and dance music with a smattering of original material. The emphasis is very much on audience engagement, dancing and general good times. Of the nine of us six are 50+. We'd love to play, I can send recordings and more info if required.

Cheers,

Ben

---------- Post added 27-08-2016 at 08:21 ----------

...P.S: I'm 48, but I can pass for 50, honest.

Edited by Outspan