Windows 10 evaluation has knackered my laptop.

I'm trying to get my Toshiba Satellite c50-b back to factory settings after the evaluation copy of windows 10 expired . Tried the factory rest option and this asks me to insert recovery media. I don't have this as the recovery is supposed to be on a hidden partition. Any advice on what I can do please. Error code: 0xc0000428

Edited by adamd
Update

Hello

Best and easiest solution would be to reinstall windows 10 using proper and legal serial number. We offer this service for £70. For this price you'd get - clean installation of operating system, legal activation through Microsoft servers. Antivirus, browsing and clean up softwares. Basically - we would prepare your laptop for everyday use. You can find us in Walkley, S6.

Have a great day!

When you say Evaluation copy of Windows 10, do you mean Windows 10 Enterprise? ( That's the only version I know of that does [did] not qualify for the upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 Home/Pro and has retained the term Evaluation in its title ).

Your expired version of W10 may allow you to create a recover/ repair disc. If so, create the disc boot from it and there maybe ( or may not ) an option to reset the laptop.

You may have a friend/neighbour who has W10 and can create a recovery/ repair disc.

What was the original OS?

It was windows 8.1. I'm sure. Laptops only a year or so old but it doesn't have a disk drive. I've asked about if anyone has a copy of 8.1 or 10. Don't want to be paying 70 for a legal copy when it was a legal copy

Edited by adamd

You can download a copy of Windows 8.1 from here;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

A guide of how to use the ISO/USB installer;

http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

You do not need a key for Windows 8, as Microsoft will recognise the hardware when you install the OS and it should activate automatically.

So you should be able to reinstall the OS for free.

Hello

Best and easiest solution would be to reinstall windows 10 using proper and legal serial number. We offer this service for £70. For this price you'd get - clean installation of operating system, legal activation through Microsoft servers. Antivirus, browsing and clean up softwares. Basically - we would prepare your laptop for everyday use. You can find us in Walkley, S6.

Have a great day!

70 quid to install Windows? At least dick Turpin wore a mask

70 quid to install Windows? At least dick Turpin wore a mask

Hahahaha that was funny