Their adverts are pretty dire as well.

Help  with erectal problems. 

They are targeted based on your browsing history 🤐

1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

hahaha :D

On 11/29/2018 at 5:00 PM, lil-minx92 said:

Shall we have guesses?

Dont know of any celebrities so maybe a business man? 

Jared O'mara?

2 hours ago, lil-minx92 said:

Not really, had my cookies deleted and never searched for stuff like that adverts I see are not based on my history.

Right now I see an ad for project management tool, never ever searched for that.

Edited by dutch

I don't even bother with the site anymore it's such a total mess.

With ads on it's a cluttered dogs dinner of a website, doesn't scale properly on my monitor and is generally nasty to read.

With ads blocked the text loads but not the pictures, it's the lesser of two evils given how bad it is to try and read normally.

I haven't read the last 11 pages so I am probably duplicating what others have said.

The Sheffield Star website, like most others of the same publishing group, is terrible. Now adverts are a fact of life - they fund the website, you just have to accept that. All the technical glitches are really bad but I presume the budget for the website is probably quite low.

My problem is the content. The online content puts you off ever buying the proper printed edition which isn't actually that bad, although clearly they don't employ enough journalists, however online there is lots of click bait headlines and news pieces that is just stuff from Twitter copied and pasted and added to, in some cases with completely made up information (for example a tram train that got delayed at Rotherham due to the driver getting locked out of the cab got reported by the Star online as a derailment!).

The Star seriously need to review the content of their website and how it is presented, that way sales of the printed edition may increase too.

26 minutes ago, Andy C said:

The Star seriously need to review the content of their website and how it is presented, that way sales of the printed edition may increase too.

They certainly should consider how profitable their website is, and contrast that with the detrimental effect  it has on their image, and so sales of physical papers.

Edited by Waldo

Yes, Its really not the best. painful to use and the quality of the journalism somewhat suspect.

I'm surprised anyone can see any journalism on the site.

I don't even bother clicking on links to it anymore. With ad block on I can't read, and with off, still can't read as it keeps jumping text as the 2,000 adverts all open up. Could my computer knackered though thinking about that last sentence.

Forum is a better way of finding out what is happening. Star copies stuff from forum often anyway.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:18 AM, dutch said:

Forum is a better way of finding out what is happening. Star copies stuff from forum often anyway.

Its Monday 10th Dec & The Star online is still warning motorists to expect traffic delays for the Wednesday visitors Rotherham match on the 8th? 

Says it all. 

Today's Star article about the 26 streets in Sheffield which experienced the most violent crime and serious sexual assaults during October carries a picture of each of the streets. And then on the left hand side there is the option to 'Buy a photo'.

Just turn the word star around, rats.