Sheffield star online

On 06/11/2019 at 15:10, Hadron said:

I am not sure if Sheffield people know how business works to survive let alone and god forbid make a profit.

How would you monetize news? The simple answer is, you can't, and that is why advertising is critical.

Subscribing for a whole 100 pennies will get you 3 months worth of local news without the ads. Now that doesn't hurt too much does it?

You might also be helping people keep there jobs or is the whole point of this witch hunt on SF designed to kill them off?

Maybe if they updated news instead of leaving links to stories that are days out of date on the pages it might be worth a look. In the sports section on one  of the pages about Wednesday there was a link and when you clicked on it,  it was from August.

Edited by iansheff

8 hours ago, melv said:

Just been on the Star online, where it's reporting on the flooded roads. It's says that Woodseats Road is flooded and it shows a picture of Chesterfield Road at the bottom of Cobnar Road.

They can't even get the road names correct.

I thought I saw a reference to a Woodseats road rather than Woodseats Road.

But at a time of local crisis, if they claim to be a public service then I'd have thought there would be a case for lifting the restrictions.

Just read an article about Terry Curran on the Star website, down near the bottom there is a picture and it says the M1 is closed after an accident.  I clicked on the article to find out it was June this year.

Edited by iansheff

Scraping the barrel...

When does it start getting lighter and the clocks go forward in Sheffield?

Erm at a guess same as everywhere else in the country. Don't know where they got this reporter from who seems to think putting the clocks forward means the sun rises an hour earlier!!

Edited by Colin Foster

The reporter also doesn’t know the difference in pneumonic and mnemonic .

The star  is doing it self out of business having to pay to read online is a rip off 

According to The Star Wednesday are playing Middlesbrough on Saturday. You would think that they could get a simple thing like an opposing team correct.

"Garry Monk’s attention to detail can lay the foundations for Sheffield Wednesday to hit the ground running as they return to action against Middlesbrough on Saturday."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-defender-backs-garry-monks-methods-ahead-big-restart-2884103

Edited by iansheff

57 minutes ago, iansheff said:

According to The Star Wednesday are playing Middlesbrough on Saturday. You would think that they could get a simple thing like an opposing team correct.

"Garry Monk’s attention to detail can lay the foundations for Sheffield Wednesday to hit the ground running as they return to action against Middlesbrough on Saturday."

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-defender-backs-garry-monks-methods-ahead-big-restart-2884103

This has now been corrected... 

I have been unable to sign in to my subscription  over the last few days has anyone sufferred the same problem ?