Sheffield star online

22 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Or Sheffield Forum! Headline - "Hillsborough residents disturbed by low frequency humming noise at night" 😂

Is there an Anne Summers in Hillsborough?

11 hours ago, catmiss said:

Is there an Anne Summers in Hillsborough?

If there is, then surely she's entitled to privacy, so we can't post where she lives without incurring the wrath of the mods. I don't have access to the electoral register, so I can't say one way or the other. Maybe she lives next door to Bill Posters.

33 minutes ago, Hopman said:

If there is, then surely she's entitled to privacy, so we can't post where she lives without incurring the wrath of the mods. I don't have access to the electoral register, so I can't say one way or the other. Maybe she lives next door to Bill Posters.

Nah she lives 3 doors down from Bill Payers. But I need his permission to tell you anymore. 

17 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

The Star online is nothing short of terrible!

The "breaking news" articles remain the same for days on end and new articles are of the minimum. 

I work frequently in Manchester and regularly use the Evening News website and app. They are a prime example of how a newspaper should be run and put The Star to shame! They have new news, all day, every day! Including throughout the night. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

I very much doubt that The Star's new subscription service, will bring them anywhere close to the standards of Manchester's free service. It is such a poor media offering!

The star reported a crash on the m6  .how local is the m6 at junction 15 ?

To create a stable and sustainable local news force I think it is worth the initial investment of £1 to see where it goes

Noticed today its gone subscription.

It will have to do more than recycle stories from elsewhere and improve the website considerably if it expects people to pay for it.imo

Not worth one penny, old news and poorly written pap.

I don't often look at the Star website but I've heard there has been a stabbing.  The headline was about an appalling death of a baby in Manchester.  To carry on reading I have to give my details?

21 hours ago, jane2008 said:

I don't often look at the Star website but I've heard there has been a stabbing.  The headline was about an appalling death of a baby in Manchester.  To carry on reading I have to give my details?

I noticed that and the fact it entitles you to three free articles, so presumably planning on charging for ones over that.   Given past quality of the reporting, I decided to pass.   Better and more up to date news on this site!

I do not have an issue paying for quality but the Star website and reporting is a long way from that.

The Yorkshire post website is much better and they did some really good work uncovering some of the scandal surrounding the felling debacle. 

I've just managed to read 4 "articles" in full before the paywall kicked in and told me I'd reached my limit ( I reached the limit last week).

Not that I'm a fast reader by any stretch...  they probably only average about 100 words each. 

In my opinion they are running it down, I can't see it being around by the end of the year or at a push early next year? JP are only interested in 'free sheets'