Sheffield star online

It really is poor, you look at a link and click on it then see that it is about 4 days after the event. Today they have a link to an article today telling fans to prepare for delays for the match against Rotherham, is it just laziness or can't they find anything to put on the site.

I stopped buying the Star years ago, especially since the jobs section on a Thursday shrank to a page and a bit if that, plus the paper went up to 75 p a day with no increase in content.

Has anyone any idea why I can't open The Star links, or website on my computer?

It's a recent fault that's occurred, I've accessed it many times before?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

My problem has been resolved by PM (I think).

Thanks Longy! :thumbsup:

Edited by Hotmale 1954

It looks like the Star is going to be charging £1 a month to view the site,personally I don’t think it’s worth it it’s pretty poor as it it.

Edited by *Wallace*

Anything worth reading is usually on here before the Star anyway so what's the point !!

No. 

Not worth paying for such journalistic quality. There is very few I would pay for, but the FT is one of them. 

40 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

It looks like the Star is going to be charging £1 a month to view the site,personally I don’t think it’s worth it it’s pretty poor as it it.

No. Its poor quality journalism - thats if you can manage to read it with all the adverts interfering with things on the webpage!

34 minutes ago, nightrider said:

No. Its poor quality journalism - thats if you can manage to read it with all the adverts interfering with things on the webpage!

Yes that site is an absolute nightmare in terms of popups and adverts etc. Makes it completely unusable.

I suspect they're going to a paid model to reduce the reliance of advertising, however as others have noted, the journalistic quality means it isn't something I'd be willing to pay for.. 

I’d wouldn’t read it if they paid me £1 a week

I do pay for online news content, but I’m very selective about how I spend my cash.

Might be on back of dwindling sales of the physical paper, had a guy round the other day trying to flog subscriptions. It used to be an evening paper, now you can buy it at 05:00 and get exactly the same at 18:00. A far superior morning paper was the Sheffield Telegraph but that's gone weekly.  Is the Star still 75p or has it gone up again?

Was just going to post same Pettytom

Pay to read the Star, they must be joking.  You can be reading an article and you see a link that says something like major road closed, clicking on the link takes you to an article several days old it is a joke. What is the point in having links like that, they are misleading. It isn't a one off either, lots of times I have clicked on a link thinking oh what has happened and then see it was last week.