Owls squad numbers

Now before anyone says anything I know squad numbers mean nothing aslong as the team performs but there's some very strange choices with the numbers.

Wildsmith has number 2 and Fletcher number 6 stand out the most. A few numbers like 9 not used aswell. Hoping it means we'll see a couple more signings yet to fill them. Also sougou at number 8 but I thought he'd left

Carlos said (and I heard it with my own ears) that he's definitely getting another centre half and another left back.

He said he was looking for another 2 or 3 players (over and above the two mentioned above)

The number 9 shirt not being allocated looks very interesting.

Surely he's not looking at another striker? Not yet anyway?

Apparently, Fletcher's number's been stitched on upside down. LOL

Teams do retire certain numbers very occasionly

Well technically in discussion people do often refer to the second choice keeper as 'our number 2' Dejphon probably just thought it made sense. Then with so many others being double numbers, it probably a chance to get more money from us all at £3-4 a number when getting them on the shirts.

Well technically in discussion people do often refer to the second choice keeper as 'our number 2' Dejphon probably just thought it made sense. Then with so many others being double numbers, it probably a chance to get more money from us all at £3-4 a number when getting them on the shirts.

Has he made a bulk purchase of the number 4

In all honesty I haven't bothered to remember what number of a player is since they got rid of the straight 1 to 11 numbering. Don't see what the fuss is.

In all honesty I haven't bothered to remember what number of a player is since they got rid of the straight 1 to 11 numbering. Don't see what the fuss is.

Me neither.

Apparently on some other site, some Owls fans are beside themselves with rage????

Pillocks the lot of 'em!

Guest sibon
Me neither.

Apparently on some other site, some Owls fans are beside themselves with rage????

Pillocks the lot of 'em!

I have the numbers of Forestieri and Lee memorised. Just so that I can tell them apart.

This is correct, with the old system you had a reasonable idea of where someone would be playing because of their number in that particular game, now it's just a free for all and the numbers are meaningless.

Maybe we'll start a new trend of naming the reserve keeper as number 2. It doesn't bother me what number they have aslong as they perform it was just a surprise to see a couple of numbers and the amount of numbers spare under 11. Don't get why fans are kicking off about it though