600 More Armed Police, London

Why are you spamming the thread? One of your posts has already been removed.

What happens if they get shot? Both the killers of Lee Rigby were shot by police. Ask them.

I'm not spaming the thread

Haven't soldiers been punished for shooting the enemy in recent wars?

Looking at the telly and observing our "tooled up Police" (not my words) I think joe public may be in more danger from our Police than the loony tunes who wish harm on us.

This cut and pasted from one of the shooting forums I inhabit.

"Can someone please teach these chaps how to carry a gun and wear a drop leg holster correctly...some of them look like right bloody cowboys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pital.html

And of course the whole exercise is meaningless drivel to appease the lefties and gullible. Terrorists are not that stupid, they'll do what they want AWAY from the police - or take them down first!

great photo op to show off toys they don't really need and by the looks of it, some need training on. I'd hate to be paying council tax in their area!

As for the "two year delay" - just drop me a PM sir! I can fit you and your lads in right away."

Angel1

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Im just loving the pictures of the 'Armed Police'. I think many of them may need to go back to shooting school though. I am pretty sure you should only have your finger on the trigger if you intend to fire the weapon. Perhaps some of them are not as used to using firearms as the news is trying to lead us to believe.

Or they are just gung ho idiots. Who knows?

Does anyone else not think that this I just a publicity stunt. Why show the so called terrorist our hand? For a start there are not 600 more officers, just 600 more officers moved from a non armed role to armed role.

This doesn't instil reassurance , it installs fear!!

my bold=

600 non armed officers moved to an armed role equals 600 more armed officers with guns. :huh:

Do you mean instil?

The public want reassurances *snipped*.

You may be reassured by a masked officer holding a gun with enough ammunition to pull a Waco but I would be more reassured by seeing their face.

You may be reassured by a masked officer holding a gun with enough ammunition to pull a Waco but I would be more reassured by seeing their face.

This^^^. If, and it's a big if, they are carrying gas canisters then maybe they should wear masks. Otherwise it's an unwanted, unnecessary and frankly disturbing direction our police are taking.

I can live with the guns but I have less confidence about the constant covering up of faces.

Im just loving the pictures of the 'Armed Police'. I think many of them may need to go back to shooting school though. I am pretty sure you should only have your finger on the trigger if you intend to fire the weapon. Perhaps some of them are not as used to using firearms as the news is trying to lead us to believe.

Or they are just gung ho idiots. Who knows?

See my post 14. From a guy who is qualified to "teach" prospective candidates about firearms.

Angel1.

my bold=

600 non armed officers moved to an armed role equals 600 more armed officers with guns. :huh:

Recycling the same officers means there won't be an increased presence on the streets, and there won't be any faster response times.

Same amount of officers, with a few more having access to a gun. Most are more than likely afraid to use them anyway, for fear of possible reprisals.

Some of the anti-terror measures in this country aren't quite so obvious as paramilitary looking coppers.

For example, that big Emirates sign outside the Arsenal ground is there to look all pretty, but also prevent car bombs being driven at the ground.

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 19:55 ----------

Silly post. It's impossible for the government to prevent every attack. You delude yourself if you think otherwise. Short of turning Blightly into West Korea a few nut jobs will get through.

The death of Jo Cox shows as much.

Hence it was phrased as a question not a statement (Do try to keep up).

Still seems more like it's the government trying to convince themselves they're doing something constructive rather than the rest if us, snarling robocops on display just make me feel it's becoming less a country I recognise or like.