Pocket DAB radios.

Hello to all.

Ive now bought 2 pocket DAB radios which are rubbish, anyone suggest a good one please ??

Cheers

Bill Stewardson

bill@bikerbill.co.uk

Hello to all.

Ive now bought 2 pocket DAB radios which are rubbish, anyone suggest a good one please ??

Cheers

Bill Stewardson

bill@bikerbill.co.uk

Do you mean really small, iPhone size (and smaller) with no speaker or a bit bigger?

I can't recommend a pocket DAB because everyone I've tried has been rubbish, and I've concluded they all will be.

The power requirements for DAB are much higher than for FM, too high for pocket devices.

Stick to FM, or wifi on your phone imho

I found a bit of improvement on the signal if I used earphones with gold contact on the jack plug.

Pure 1500 works fine for me.

Yep, same for me too. Only areas I've ever had a problem with it are the areas where you can't pick up analogue radio signals either.

I've never understood the hate for DAB. I've been listening on DAB for 15 years and it was only in the first few years that there was ever any issue with signal strength. I guess I've been lucky with my choice of pocket DAB radios.

Another vote here for Pure.

I have a Move 2500.

Another vote here for Pure.

I have a Move 2500.

Same, I've also got the 2500. Was a little bit more than the others but after reading the reviews I went for it. Cracking bit of kit.

The 2500 looks great, but I don't like being attached to earphones. Any reccomendations for a porable DAB with loudspeaker?

I can't recommend a pocket DAB because everyone I've tried has been rubbish, and I've concluded they all will be.

The power requirements for DAB are much higher than for FM, too high for pocket devices.

Stick to FM, or wifi on your phone imho

My experience as been the same - patchy reception and battery eaters.

I just use a radio app on my Android phone and use 3G or Wifi.

Another vote for phones - if you have a smartphone with a decent speaker, use podcasts or a radio app. iPhone works great.

Another vote for phones - if you have a smartphone with a decent speaker, use podcasts or a radio app. iPhone works great.

Yes R radio is what I use on my iphone I purchased the pro version I sometimes have it playing all day without any issues, its pretty good on battery life also.