Homeless sleepers and their tents

Seen a lot of homeless sleepers and drug users sleeping around the city in these one man pop up tents. Speaking to council workers they say in many cases when they are removed they just re appear with a similar tent the next day.

My question:

Is there a charity/Church group giving these tents out for free in Sheffield? or are they just going to Decathlon and buying them?

Seen a lot of homeless sleepers and drug users sleeping around the city in these one man pop up tents. Speaking to council workers they say in many cases when they are removed they just re appear with a similar tent the next day.

My question:

Is there a charity/Church group giving these tents out for free in Sheffield? or are they just going to Decathlon and buying them?

:huh:

I've no idea where they get them from but...

... I noticed in previous years Decathlon used to display their tents outside the building on the grass verge.

Not noticed it this year though.

Maybe they're afraid of squatters? :suspect:

A few homeless/street drinkers/beggars knock around in Broomhill.

I drove past this morning at about 7.15am and saw two drinking booze from cans.

A male sat outside Costa Coffee begging and a female outside Morrisons

A few homeless/street drinkers/beggars knock around in Broomhill.

I drove past this morning at about 7.15am and saw two drinking booze from cans.

A male sat outside Costa Coffee begging and a female outside Morrisons

Those ones in Broomhill aren't actually homeless, just alcoholics

My question:

I don't know. Why does it matter?

Well maybe if they are given out by a charity, the charity might want to go and clean up after them, their rubbish, human excrement, needles and other drug related items.

Or do you think they leave the place spotless once they leave, like happy campers?

Don't they take the tents with them once moved on?

Don't they take the tents with them once moved on?

But do they leave the place as they found it or trashed and littered with rubbish? I should imagine the latter in most cases.

it matters that they are making the city look a dump and if they can afford new tents they are getting to much in benefits:roll: should be rounded up and moved on

I too am getting annoyed at the tents, I see them everywhere. Well that's an exaggeration, but I see them mist days. They need to be cleaned up.

I was walking past one in crookes valley park last week, just left there near a bush. I picked it up and put it in the bin, along with its contents.

As usual, the morally deficient complain about the mess and the inconvenience whilst not caring a jot about the human beings who are living like this.

I better keep silent here. Cant teach old dogs new tricks.