Wednesday v Villa

is there a parrott in here :hihi::hihi::hihi:

No they're owls.;)

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 18:48 ----------

Yes, I've just looked at their record in that post above. Didn't realise they'd been in the third. Still a pretty tidy history.

They won the European cup 11 years later.

No they're owls.;)

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 18:48 ----------

They won the European cup 11 years later.

Yes they did win the 'European Cup' (a Peter Withe goal) let no one take that away from them. but Nottingham Forest, that Trent side outfit of current ne'er-do-wells won it twice ! Also some clubs go along with the fallacy: We have and always had tremendous, vocal and attending supporters, a history of winning England's two biggest competitions (First Division and F.A.Cup.) Some great former players- then you have - no, not Wolverhampton Wanderers... but Portsmouth !

Edited by stpetre
Add

Reading on Sky that Newcastle are about to sign Ciaran Clark from Villa for £5m and also Ross McCormack is 1/4 on to sign for Villa.

McCormack must be off his trump!

The first games of the new season always pull out a big shock (especially to 'The Premier League's the only one that counts' brigade)

Hillsborough, this Sunday, is going to be 4-0 or 0-4

It's going to be 'The shock of the day'. It's in the stars.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Finally the football returns... No more griping about ticket prices or width of stripes or squad numbers etc etc

Big crowd expected & big expectations for the season...tough test for Wednesday but one I think we can win

Expect the usual suspects to re-emerge on here,if the result goes against us ...!

All Wednesday Aren't We ...

Expect the usual suspects to re-emerge on here,if the result goes against us ...!

Could be their only chance of getting a shot on target this weekend. :)

I'm actually looking forward to watching this one as it has the makings to be a very open game with two teams who should be value for money going forward.

I know people keep saying that Villa are dangerous going forward and granted that is a no brainer because they have bags of quality however let's be fair you lot have a decent amount yourself in the final third of the pitch and should be able to trouble them at times as well.

I think this game might expose how poor you lot are defensive still. This was evident against Hull in the play-off final as they cut you open at the back time and time again and to be honest I would have expected Carlos to have addressed this. The benefit of this game coming early doors is that should they not stand the test, you still have time to put it right with the window still open.

Cant believe its on tv when ill be doing mi radio show :(

dont finish till half 5 lol

Amusement factor: Wawaw is currently trending on twitter.

I'm actually looking forward to watching this one as it has the makings to be a very open game with two teams who should be value for money going forward.

I know people keep saying that Villa are dangerous going forward and granted that is a no brainer because they have bags of quality however let's be fair you lot have a decent amount yourself in the final third of the pitch and should be able to trouble them at times as well.

I think this game might expose how poor you lot are defensive still. This was evident against Hull in the play-off final as they cut you open at the back time and time again and to be honest I would have expected Carlos to have addressed this. The benefit of this game coming early doors is that should they not stand the test, you still have time to put it right with the window still open.

Is that the same poor defence that kept a record equalling 17 clean sheets last season, we need cover at CB and LB granted but it's not desperate. Hull were the better side on the day but it didnt reflect the season as a whole.

Amusement factor: Wawaw is currently trending on twitter.

What about LALAL?

(Let's all laugh at Leeds)

Edited by Jim Hardie

What about LALAL?

(Let's all laugh at Leeds)

Afraid not lol

---------- Post added 07-08-2016 at 16:57 ----------

Fletcher off due to head injury.

not watching yet, due to mi radio show but looking at the text of it, it looks very niggley