Wednesday v Villa

No point really commenting about United is there seeing as though I am probably the only blade on here who actually goes and watches United. Not wasting my time writing up on United, for you lot to rip chunks out of it with your bias, tinted specs :-).

I do my discussing of United on another site with a good bunch of blokes. As for this forum....well the section is Sheffield Football and I am discussing my opinions with other supporters. I am allowed an opinion aren't I?

If all you can do is discuss united failings with a bunch of happy clappers who agree with you then so be it, your views are largely wildly optimistic (united) or negative (Owls) and mostly wide of the mark, anyone who viewed yesterdays game would know that both sides created decent chances and defended well a draw would have probably been a fair result but a slip up by the keeper gave us the vital goal. Villa will improve and this is a decent scalp and gets the season off to a good start whatever the manner its achieved in.

If all you can do is discuss united failings with a bunch of happy clappers who agree with you then so be it, your views are largely wildly optimistic (united) or negative (Owls) and mostly wide of the mark, anyone who viewed yesterdays game would know that both sides created decent chances and defended well a draw would have probably been a fair result but a slip up by the keeper gave us the vital goal. Villa will improve and this is a decent scalp and gets the season off to a good start whatever the manner its achieved in.

Do you mean discuss United's performances with a group of people who can actually hold a decent discussion having been to the game etc as opposed to a couple of blokes who don't go to the lane and go on Keith Edwards on RS. You lot seem to have intimidated them out of having an opinion as well. :hihi:

"Poor Villa the better team by a country mile"...hmm ..you didn't watch the full game then..?

Wednesday had the first half & Villa had the second half...but goals win games and we got more than Villa ...

Similar to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday..!

That's what I've been told by others at the game. Only seen the highlights but from that it looks like we have as good as we got and if it means a win to start the season I'll settle for a lucky goal.

A good start for the Owls, i would have said 60-40 in our favour. Westwood had very little to do, and it took a mistake for us to get the winning goal, pleased to see the chance fell to Fozzy and not Dave. One thing that has to be stamped out in the game is the shirt pulling something that has crept into our game over the last few years. Officials have to get a grip. Hutch should have gone IMO.

Hutch should have gone IMO.

Definitely deserved two bookings, so in that respect he was lucky. But he didn't get booked for the first offence, so would he have committed the second one if he was correctly penalised for the first?

No point really commenting about United is there seeing as though I am probably the only blade on here who actually goes and watches United. Not wasting my time writing up on United, for you lot to rip chunks out of it with your bias, tinted specs :-).

I do my discussing of United on another site with a good bunch of blokes. As for this forum....well the section is Sheffield Football and I am discussing my opinions with other supporters. I am allowed an opinion aren't I?

I struggle to understand you,say you discuss on another site yet contribute before the game on here,then if you win contribute again.

A good start for the Owls, i would have said 60-40 in our favour. Westwood had very little to do, and it took a mistake for us to get the winning goal, pleased to see the chance fell to Fozzy and not Dave. One thing that has to be stamped out in the game is the shirt pulling something that has crept into our game over the last few years. Officials have to get a grip. Hutch should have gone IMO.

He was a very lucky lad. It should have been a second yellow and a pen. Tom Lees was at it too but outside the box.

---------- Post added 08-08-2016 at 11:19 ----------

Definitely deserved two bookings, so in that respect he was lucky. But he didn't get booked for the first offence, so would he have committed the second one if he was correctly penalised for the first?

I thought he was already on a yellow for one of his trademark tackles.

I struggle to understand you,say you discuss on another site yet contribute before the game on here,then if you win contribute again.

I contribute as and when I can be bothered on this site. Whether any of you like read it is irrelevant :hihi:

A good start for the Owls.

One thing that has to be stamped out in the game is the shirt pulling something that has crept into our game over the last few years. Officials have to get a grip. Hutch should have gone IMO.

You've saved me typing this Al.

I would have sent Hutchinson off, no question.

You're right, Hutch was on a yellow for his 'tackle' which I think also involved a shirt tug as well. Two in one.

I was coming on here solely to post about shirt pulling.

It's a sickening offence and should be an instant red card.

It should also result in you not being paid for that week, (the cash to go to a football charity) and if you do it once more during the season, you should be banned for the rest of that season.

A bit harsh I know, but it's got to be stamped out. That, and the grappling at corners. I'd dish the yellows and reds out like Confetti until it's gone from the game.

As for the game, Wednesday were the better team overall, but Villa had a couple of pot shots that had my heart in my mouth, and if we'd drawn, it would have been a fairer scoreline.

After saying that, we scored, they didn't, so we 'deserved to win it'

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I contribute as and when I can be bothered on this site. Whether any of you like read it is irrelevant :hihi:

Which is virtually everyday.

I didn't watch the game so can't comment on the performance but 3pts on the board is all that matters and I wish we had done the same.

Thought we totally dominated the first half,second half was more even , fletcher was a big loss,villa will have a decent season cos they will improve,then again so will we,so a win against one of the fancied teams has got to be a good start to the season.