Low and fast jet, N Sheffield, 11:25 2 Aug 16

Didn't have my glasses on, but a jet has just flown seriously low and fast down the Don valley - Oughtibridge to Hillsborough and then turned east.

Possibly a Typhoon? Anyone get a better view?

I heard it too. S5 Southey.

Sat having a cup of tea at 11.25 this morning and something went screeching across the sky. Must have been extremely low as it rattled the windows and sent all the birds on a wild frenzy out of my garden trees.

Was too late to see it, but it did indeed sound like a Typhoon to me. Stayed in a cottage in Scotland where they came bombing down the valley, amazing sight.

Guest makapaka

It was a fly by from a raf hawk for a very well deserving ex raf man who sadly died the other week.

All the best to his family.

Was too late to see it, but it did indeed sound like a Typhoon to me. Stayed in a cottage in Scotland where they came bombing down the valley, amazing sight.

We have a mate who owns a wooden lodge on a country park right next to RAF Conningsby in Lincolnshire , and we have used it a few times, and the Typhoons based there are taking off and landing every day on training exercises ,and the the runway is right next to the country park ,and its an amazing sight seeing these planes at such close proximity only 100 yds away .