Shot blasting/Powder Coating recommendations

In all honesty I wouldn't have a clue about adhesives! But Pauly makes a good point.

In all honesty I wouldn't have a clue about adhesives! But Pauly makes a good point.

I know he does, and I agree. The thing is though, there are products such as this which seem pretty convincing. I'm tempted to try it out of curiosity more than anything else. I have little to lose (and a spare bonnet). The actual hinge section I will be adding to my repair panel is only attached by around 18 spot-welds over 1100mm on the original bonnet. The specifications of these adhesives imply they're stronger than spot welds.

bonding agents are good for things that don't move ie rear quarters or roof panels,I use 3m 08115for things like that if your going to use it on a hinge panel I'm pretty sure it will crack but as you say it's worth a try...

bonding agents are good for things that don't move ie rear quarters or roof panels,I use 3m 08115for things like that if your going to use it on a hinge panel I'm pretty sure it will crack but as you say it's worth a try...

I'm pretty convinced you're right, but I think I will try it out of curiosity.

I had experience of building cars many years ago (mainly Triumph TR 2-6's), working for a friend who had a classic car restoration business. Adhesives were never even thought of then though, apart from maybe PU, but mainly for seam sealing after spot welding.

Interesting video

Would also recommend Two Brothers. Super job done on our VW Camper dash. Good price too.

Any recommendations for powder coating wheels in Sheffield area? Any idea of price?

Thanks guys.

Chris

Any recommendations for powder coating wheels in Sheffield area? Any idea of price?

Thanks guys.

Chris

I've just had a full set of 18's done at Auto Dynamics, £70 per wheel including removing and refitting tyres (takes 2 days). Plenty of choice of colours etc, and I'm very happy with the end result. They even used black balance weights to match the wheels.

Hi, i,ve got some vintage motorcycle and scooter parts which need shotblasting , can anybody recommend a company that uses suitable media for this , is a reasonable price and is in the Sheffield area , thanks .

I’ve used Ed at 7 peaks quite a lot lately. He’s done me a load of classic car parts and a few sets of wheels and all have been done to perfection and at a very reasonable price. 

He’s on the orgreave estate at handsworth. Well worth a call.

http://7peakspowdercoating.co.uk/