J&J Dyson, Stannington - employees..

I remember "Dusty". If I remember right he left for a while but came back whilst I worked there. Goodison was a common name, Nichols as well. They stopped doing the kids parties but for a while carried on with Christmas presents for employee kids as well as Christmas cakes and hampers for ex-employees.

The snooker table held some years of muck as well!

My Dad Ben worked at Dysons til he retired, sadly he passed away over 10 years ago. My uncles Walt Wragg, Binks Froggatt and Ron Milner also worked there, plus a few of my cousins :)

My dad worked there almost all his working life. He died in 1998. Newman goodinson

My mum Brenda also worked there most of her life. She died earlier this year.

My dad worked there almost all his working life. He died in 1998. Newman goodinson

My mum Brenda also worked there most of her life. She died earlier this year.

I remember the name Newman Goodinson. Did they live on Highfield Rise or near the bus stop at the bottom of Gray's Hill (or neither ?).

I remember the name Newman Goodinson. Did they live on Highfield Rise or near the bus stop at the bottom of Gray's Hill (or neither ?).

Neither Ernest goodison lived on highfield rise.

Brenda and Newman lived at bents cottages Dungworth till 1974 ish then stopes road near underbank chapel till 1983 then Griffs House just before Dysons until Newman died in 98 and Brenda moved to upper-gate road a few years later.

My Dad Ben worked at Dysons til he retired, sadly he passed away over 10 years ago. My uncles Walt Wragg, Binks Froggatt and Ron Milner also worked there, plus a few of my cousins :)
........I knew your dad Ben,great bloke and a good pal of my uncles!

Does anyone remember Riley Goodison who Flora Lomas's chauffeur and handyman at Griffs house?

Hello.

I am Denis Flewitt.

My grandad Billy worked for Dysons as did my uncle Colin.

Gordon Rowe was married to Margeret Flewitt, my dad and my uncle's cousin.

Gordon was famous in the family for his waterproof plimsolls, even though they had laces.

Anyone around who worked at J & J Dysons in the 60`s ..70`s..?

Remember Fotheringham and his explosive temper??

Does anyone remember my dad George Wareham? I remember he was friends with Dusty

I remember Ken Unwin,he lived on Wellgreen Road. I was in Stannington Scouts with his son.

Ken was a friend of my dad Frank who worked at Marshalls for 51yrs.

Everybody in Stannington worked for Dysons Wraggs or Marshalls.

I worked at Sandygate Motors which was owned by Dysons.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:56 PM, Ladycakes said:

Does anyone remember my dad George Wareham? I remember he was friends with Dusty

Didn't  Raymond Wareham work there too?

On 12/18/2018 at 9:56 PM, Ladycakes said:

On 12/26/2018 at 2:44 PM, Ed Marples said:

I remember Ken Unwin,he lived on Wellgreen Road. I was in Stannington Scouts with his son.

Ken was a friend of my dad Frank who worked at Marshalls for 51yrs.

Everybody in Stannington worked for Dysons Wraggs or Marshalls.

I worked at Sandygate Motors which was owned by Dysons.

Hi Ed Marples,  I am Ken Unwin's son.  I remember you from the Stannington scouts.  I was nicknamed Bunny then.  I remember you living on Well Green Road just below the gennel to the Uppergate and Top House.  I think I have a photo of us taken at Alport Castles when we went hiking once.  I'll try to look it out.