Christian protest at Pride - Endcliffe Park

Can't see any hypocrisy or irony at all - wouldn't you oppose discrimination if you were part of an oppressed group...or even if you weren't??

Me neither.

Here's another local one for you, the homophobes v the racists, courtesy of the Sheffield Star, I blame the bus driver for this, he should have opened the window himself ;)

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/couple-claim-they-have-received-death-threats-after-homophobic-attack-on-sheffield-bus-1-8044835

....... and to reiterate my point, the op is complaining about Christians who are complaining about gay people, am I seeing some hypocrisy or not ?

All this inclusivity and diversity working in perfect harmony ...... the brainwashing does not always go to plan eh :huh:

Here's another local one for you, the homophobes v the racists, courtesy of the Sheffield Star, I blame the bus driver for this, he should have opened the window himself ;)

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/couple-claim-they-have-received-death-threats-after-homophobic-attack-on-sheffield-bus-1-8044835

....... and to reiterate my point, the op is complaining about Christians who are complaining about gay people, am I seeing some hypocrisy or not ?

All this inclusivity and diversity working in perfect harmony ...... the brainwashing does not always go to plan eh :huh:

I'm afraid I still don't see any hypocrisy.

Let me try and see your point. A gay pride event was organised and a few Christians turn up with megaphones etc and tell people attending that they are sinners and will burn in hell. Someone who attended this event posted a quite lighthearted comment about it on this forum.

Why is any of that hypocritical? Why is it hypocritical to complain about people telling you that you are going to hell? I'm at a loss here.

So, I presume you're in denial that people can be targeted and discriminated due to their gender, sexuality, race, religion etc?

For me, Religion is all about brainwashing the gullible .

The OP shared an account of their experience, could you point out which part of the post was complaining?....

I dared to go to End Cliff Park this Saturday for Gay Pride a group of 15 Christians told me I'm going to hell on dear . I'm a hopeless sinner lead a sinful life despite the fact I had no choice of what I'm am spent ten years in the Army served in Iraq but I'm still a sinner . Like Madonna sang life is a mystery indeed it is.

---------- Post added 03-08-2016 at 10:15 ----------

Can't see any hypocrisy or irony at all - wouldn't you oppose discrimination if you were part of an oppressed group...or even if you weren't??

It sounds to me like he's saying "everyone gets picked on, we should all just shut up and take it."

We don't know for sure what happened as it is still being investigated. However lets just say that the gay couple were racist and the women were homophobic both deserve to be punished if that is true. However that does not mean that all gay people are racist and all women are homophobic.

As I wrote previously I attended Pride and I even though I didn't agree with what those Christians were saying I respected their right to say it. I also respected the right of the people who attend Pride to speak their minds back to them.

The OP was expressing their opinion of what they thought of these protesters, which they are entitled to do. The other option is that every time someone says something we don't agree with is that we all sit or stand in silence. Is that really what we should be doing? Surely I or anyone else has the right to challenge someones opinion?

We don't know for sure what happened as it is still being investigated. However lets just say that the gay couple were racist and the women were homophobic both deserve to be punished if that is true. However that does not mean that all gay people are racist and all women are homophobic.

As I wrote previously I attended Pride and I even though I didn't agree with what those Christians were saying I respected their right to say it. I also respected the right of the people who attend Pride to speak their minds back to them.

The OP was expressing their opinion of what they thought of these protesters, which they are entitled to do. The other option is that every time someone says something we don't agree with is that we all sit or stand in silence. Is that really what we should be doing? Surely I or anyone else has the right to challenge someones opinion?

In the video it looked more like men rather than women.

I didn't see a video in the link and just checked again and I still can't see one. Not sure why.

In the video it looked more like men rather than women.

I can't see any video either..

The article does describe them has women however.

"He said: “I reached over to open the window and a woman said to me: ‘You horrible man’. When I confronted her, she and three others launched into a homophobic tirade against us.”

"William said the driver asked the women to stop, but they wouldn’t. He said: “The abuse carried on until the women got off at Spital Hill.

(not that it really matters what gender they were)

It dosnt matter which brand of religion it is ,or which is their choice of religious comic they choose to let brainwash them , all religions are as bad as each other. They are ALL poisonous . How religion is still tolerated in 2016 is beyond me.

Money isnt the root of all evil , Religion is.

Must agree, as a non believer I simply laugh at this kind of post. Sent to eternal damnation, burn in the fires of hell or worse. All religions are based on comic books. When the lid is screwed down, we will all go to the same place. That's my belief any how.

Religion in all it's forms should be banned. Let's all live together and stop arguing who's comic book is right and who's is wrong.

Angel1.

Must agree, as a non believer I simply laugh at this kind of post. Sent to eternal damnation, burn in the fires of hell or worse. All religions are based on comic books. When the lid is screwed down, we will all go to the same place. That's my belief any how.

Religion in all it's forms should be banned. Let's all live together and stop arguing who's comic book is right and who's is wrong.

Angel1.

So, to clarify, let's live and let live and tell people what to believe.

Hmmmm.

Angel1.

I'm as irreligious as they come, but the thought of a global ban on religion, and what that would actually encompass, is pretty terrifying!

We just have to wait it out, I think religion will one day die out, probably a long time after I am dead, but one day. With the exception of the USA, as countries get wealthier and more industrialised they get less religious.