Christian protest at Pride - Endcliffe Park

#Post 35 ^^ :D

'Christians' cannot blame their homophobia on the Bible :shakes:

Unless they live ALL it's instruction

Like bartering in goats, killing neighbours for apostasy etc

Which is plainly ridiculous :nod:

So (assuming the God of the Bible exists) his commands are ridiculous? Is that what Christians are to believe?

To wade into the debate -

I would say I am a Christian and I am disgusted by the actions of those few Christians who seem to have spoilt what was a fantastic event (I was working across the road from it at the time and it looked excellent). I can't even begin to get into all the arguments re their "understanding" of the Bible but what I will say is -

a/ If these Christians are so sure that they are preaching the word of God - how come we don't know what church or churches they are from - how come they don't they stand up and be counted and say - it was us? I've not heard any church (and i tend to hear the church grapevine quite a lot) say they were a part of this? If you believe something enough to go along and do what they did - why not identify themselves? Apologies if I have missed those people if they have posted on this thread and said, "It was me."

b/ What a shame that after what looked to me (from work - wishing I could cross the road to the park and join in an excellent event) all we are left talking about is the negative stuff. there seemed so much to celebrate about that event and i really hope it doesn't put the organisers from hosting it again.

As for me, I hang my head in shame and despair at their actions.

So (assuming the God of the Bible exists) his commands are ridiculous? Is that what Christians are to believe?

:shocked:

You are making my head hurt RB! :hihi:

As per usual....

If you're asking me MY opinion

It's yes on both counts :)

---------- Post added 06-08-2016 at 22:10 ----------

As for me, I hang my head in shame and despair at their actions

Don't despair love :)

The message will get through eventually :nod:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-church-idUSKCN0ZC12E

I dared to go to End Cliff Park this Saturday for Gay Pride a group of 15 Christians told me I'm going to hell on dear . I'm a hopeless sinner lead a sinful life despite the fact I had no choice of what I'm am spent ten years in the Army served in Iraq but I'm still a sinner . Like Madonna sang life is a mystery indeed it is.
sad set of human beings! bet they live a comfortable life with no worries lumped up with cash and never had to struggle what a complete set of toss pots tell the Christians to get away from endcliffe park and protest about the terrorists from Allah or thew religion of so called peace I see these people standing on the moor when they should be at work like all good Christians

My wife was in the middle of it. Her account sounded particularly unpleasant. I think I have come across this group in Fargate banging on about how evolution is only a theory. As she pointed out, Pride was supposed to be a safe space for people to enjoy their identity. These dip****s spoilt that. I heard other christian groups surrounded them to show solidarity with Pride.

---------- Post added 06-08-2016 at 22:50 ----------

Same way they deal with not stoning each other

Not owning slaves

Not bartering in goats

:rolleyes:

The slaves thing really screws the Joves. They tell me how they live by the bible and I then ask how many slaves they own. They then state that either slaves were; 'workers' that their masters cared for, it was a covenant that is no longer relevant or they had no idea that there are guidelines about beating your slave as much as you liked unless they died within three days of a beating.

Pity they don't interpret the stuff about blood transfusion so liberally.

sad set of human beings! bet they live a comfortable life with no worries lumped up with cash and never had to struggle what a complete set of toss pots tell the Christians to get away from endcliffe park and protest about the terrorists from Allah or thew religion of so called peace I see these people standing on the moor when they should be at work like all good Christians

I have an Uncle he is a so called born again Christian along with his wife and two children totally brain washed to the point they give money to their church they can't afford it my Uncle is unemployed his wife works part time so money is tight but yet they give. My Grandmother which is his Mum a lady in her late 80s going blind and as you can image struggling with daily life she got a lot worse six months back they did nothing to help but carried as nothing was happening in the meantime his Mum suffered it was me who was left to sort out her care . Any Christian will have to forgive me here but my feelings dimmed a lot towards them enough said.

a/ If these Christians are so sure that they are preaching the word of God - how come we don't know what church or churches they are from - how come they don't they stand up and be counted and say - it was us? I've not heard any church (and i tend to hear the church grapevine quite a lot) say they were a part of this? If you believe something enough to go along and do what they did - why not identify themselves? Apologies if I have missed those people if they have posted on this thread and said, "It was me."

I heard they're from a house church, 'Potter's House', which is a pentecostal thing from the USA. I've given them a piece of my mind on Facebook.

Edited by birobasher

I'm a Christian.

I want to apologise for the behaviour of those people who claimed to be speaking for my faith and my God last week.

They weren't speaking for either. They hurt people. That was wrong and I'm sorry.

To wade into the debate

To wade in to respond :)

I would say I am a Christian and I am disgusted by the actions of those few Christians who seem to have spoilt what was a fantastic event (I was working across the road from it at the time and it looked excellent). I can't even begin to get into all the arguments re their "understanding" of the Bible but what I will say is -

So will most Christians be equally disgusted.

(reminds me of normal Muslims today, or normal football fans in the 80s - God help the normal Muslim football fans in the 80s :hihi:)

As for me, I hang my head in shame and despair at their actions.

Why hang your head in shame? You weren't part of it? (see above)

---------- Post added 07-08-2016 at 00:17 ----------

I'm a Christian.

I want to apologise for the behaviour of those people who claimed to be speaking for my faith and my God last week.

same as above! *but cross posted

To wade in to respond :)

So will most Christians be equally disgusted.

(reminds me of normal Muslims today, or normal football fans in the 80s - God help the normal Muslim football fans in the 80s :hihi:)

Why hang your head in shame? You weren't part of it? (see above)

I posted a similar response, but re-read it a few times, and argued with myself about phrasing, so decided to delete and not bother. Luckily you said all the stuff I meant to say, but was too incoherent to do so.

:shocked:

You are making my head hurt RB! :hihi:

As per usual....

If you're asking me MY opinion

It's yes on both counts :)

Believing in an infallible and righteous God, then dismissing His/Her/It's commands as being ridiculous... those two things just don't work together.

Believing in an infallible and righteous God, then dismissing His/Her/It's commands as being ridiculous... those two things just don't work together.

you are assuming that what you interpret as his/her/its/their commands are in fact his/her/its/their commands and if you are using historical texts that they were permanent commands or commands which were applicable only to the cultural and historical context of the times they were issued.