£5 million turned down for Lees

Don't know how you lot can stay so optimistic about it all.....

Whether Wednesday accept or not, the main question is whether the player would like another season in the Championship or whether he would like to join a premier league team and battle it out for a place.

You guys are no better off than us in the respect that bigger teams exist and league positions and money talk.

If Lee's has any sort of ambition then he will be getting his agent o make something happen...

I disagree, it is something to be optimistic about. as you know theres 3 reasons why players move on.

1: the player wants to move.

2: the club want rid.

3: another club want to buy.

Looking at Lees situation, it looks like Burnley made the request, Wednesday want him to stay, what i understand is Lees is happy where he is and it was purely another club coming in for him.

Wednesday now have some decent players with a core of good players, Tom Lees being one of them, one of the best defenders we've ever had. Hopefully he understands and wants to stay, it looks like it. All the players get on well and play well together.

So we'll see

Why shouldn't we be optimistic green man? You blades always ribbed is about not having any players of value, now we are getting a bit of 5 million for one. I guess Wednesday have turned it down so no harm done. If it's turned his head then we'll make a nice 5 million plus profit on him, happy days

Don't know how you lot can stay so optimistic about it all.....

Whether Wednesday accept or not, the main question is whether the player would like another season in the Championship or whether he would like to join a premier league team and battle it out for a place.

You guys are no better off than us in the respect that bigger teams exist and league positions and money talk.

If Lee's has any sort of ambition then he will be getting his agent o make something happen...

Come on GM

Sunderland & Burnley hardly ambitious sides who are more likely to be relegation fodder. :roll:

Edited by owl.66

Guest sibon
Come on GM

Sunderland & Burnley hardly ambitious sides who are more likely to be relegation fodder. :roll:

Indeed.

I can't see why Lees would give up being a key player for us, to be a bench warmer for Burnley. If Chelsea or Man City came calling, it might be different, but Turf Moor in November isn't such an attractive prospect.

Burnley and Sunderland, as well as Championship rivals Derby County and Fulham, have submitted enquiries to try and sign Lees.

In fact, the report adds that Wednesday have in fact rejected a £5m bid from an unnamed club for Lees, with Bristol City and Norwich City added to the list of interest clubs as well.

hearing Newcastle interested in Lees and FF £15 million getting bantered about

Burnley and Sunderland, as well as Championship rivals Derby County and Fulham, have submitted enquiries to try and sign Lees.

In fact, the report adds that Wednesday have in fact rejected a £5m bid from an unnamed club for Lees, with Bristol City and Norwich City added to the list of interest clubs as well.

I saw this earlier on Twitter and as someone said, Forestieri is not likely to want to move when he has helped persuade Abdi to sign.

I saw this earlier on Twitter and as someone said, Forestieri is not likely to want to move when he has helped persuade Abdi to sign.

yes we are building a squad capable to manage in the PL so we need to stick together :)

Edited by flynnroy

The Newcastle interest in FF and Lees is a hoax .Set up by Newcastle fans to cause trouble with the Wednesday fans

Bristol City ??

---------- Post added 31-07-2016 at 23:29 ----------

Indeed.

I can't see why Lees would give up being a key player for us, to be a bench warmer for Burnley. If Chelsea or Man City came calling, it might be different, but Turf Moor in November isn't such an attractive prospect.

I'd sit on a bench in November in Burnley or anywhere else in Lancashire for English Premier League wages !

I'd sit on a bench in November in Burnley or anywhere else in Lancashire for English Premier League wages !

With respect Mr. Petre :hihi:.... this attitude is exactly what has ruined football.

I wouldn't sit on the bench at Sheffield United for Wayne Rooneys' wage.

Morals, scruples, loyalty (lots would say madness) but with more of these attributes, the world, and the football world especially, would be a far better place.

Only worth selling him if we get enough ££ to purchase a replacement who is going to do the same job. Which means in today's market I'd want 10,000,000+ for Lees