Google web pages dimming

I have recently got a new phone and I'm having problems with opening web pages.

Ok I use Google and running 6.0 marshmallow.

When I search for a website the screen is bright but when I open the web page it goes dim.

I do not use auto brightness, but read on internet that there is a brightness level inside google itself..that would be the problem.

Ok I open settings but nowhere am I seeing a brightness level or auto brightness in the settings, has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks.

I have recently got a new phone and I'm having problems with opening web pages.

Ok I use Google and running 6.0 marshmallow.

When I search for a website the screen is bright but when I open the web page it goes dim.

I do not use auto brightness, but read on internet that there is a brightness level inside google itself..that would be the problem.

Ok I open settings but nowhere am I seeing a brightness level or auto brightness in the settings, has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks.

Not my area of expertise but let me ask you: Which phone are you using? That way we can work out whether it is standard Android Marshmallow or not and whether the phone has some hardware functionality that affects screen brightness.

Not my area of expertise but let me ask you: Which phone are you using? That way we can work out whether it is standard Android Marshmallow or not and whether the phone has some hardware functionality that affects screen brightness.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using huawei p9.

I've looked at the Google settings inside the phone, and the Google web settings and find nothing.

Thanks, check this out:

The Huawei P9’s has a Smart power profile turned on automatically to ensure you get optimal battery life. This feature throttles the P9’s CPU and makes some tweaks to the phone’s network usage, but the setting doesn’t give you more than 30 extra minute of battery life at the end of the day. If you want to use the phone to its full potential, you can switch to the Performance power profile by going to Settings > Advanced settings > Battery manager > Power plan.

That is from this site which also has some other handy tips. I suspect it is the power management which is actually interfering with screen brightness, rather than the browser itself.

Go to the Settings > Display > Display Mode...

There's Dynamic, Bright, Vivid, Custom, etc.... (may vary)

set to off...

Go to the Settings > Display > Display Mode...

There's Dynamic, Bright, Vivid, Custom, etc.... (may vary)

set to off...

Hi ghozer I don't have a display mode in display settings, I know the p9 plus does.