What to take to a bbq

hi all,off to a bbq this weekend,just wondering what you all have at yours ? other than the burgers,sausage,chicken ect

Some veg: asparagus and young carrots, both grill very nicely as long as you give them an oil dressing first.

Fruit: slices of pineapple marinated with brown sugar and cinnamon, they form a really nice caramelised crust on the fruit.

Aaahhh typical sheffield forum, Pineapple and asparagus at a BBQ!

Halloumi cheese and cherry tomatoes on skewers!

I agree about the pineapple, I love pineapple cut very thin and then grilled with brown sugar. It is surprisingly nice with fresh chopped mint added.

er.... alcohol - always goes down well.

i think the hosts normally supply the eats.

why not ring them and ask them for suggestions on useful things you could bring?

Ooh, also sweet corn. Grilled then served with butter and pepper. And a bowl full of my dad's super delicious salad recipe, if I can be bothered. I'll happily give you the recipe if you like.

@muckymurphy and s12Nick - I can't help but feel you're missing the point of a foodie group.

Stuffed peppers...

Oh, I was going to say that. We once had a large BBQ party with a large number of vegetarian guests. We had a separate BBQ full of veggie food but the carnivores were drooling at the sight of the veggie food cooking. A few things I do:

blanche halved red peppers then fill with feta cheese and olives with a little garlic and herb roulade cheese. These are fab and don't need turning if you blanche them first.

Sweet and sour aubergine cubes or slices. Coat in wine vinegar, olive oil, whole grain mustard, sugar, cayenne pepper and herbs of choice before cooking.

Curried yoghurt coated potatoes. Pre cook waxy potatoes then put on BBQ to crisp the coating and warm them up.

Kiwi fruit with the core scooped out. Fill with chopped pistachio nuts and either ginger jam for a mild taste or crystalised ginger in syrup for a stronger taste. Cover in foil and put on BBQ.

I would take lamb kebabs and vegetable kebabs great for both kids and adults.

What did you take? How was the BBQ?