Neighbour refusing to move his car from my driveway

Tell him as of today you will be charging him for parking/storing his car, say £20 per week, when it's been there 6 months if he hasn't paid tell him you are selling the car to pay his fee

Did you have anything in writing or have an agreement how long he could keep the car there for?

You could always argue that it is now causing you an unnecessary obstruction in that you cannot park your own vehicle on your drive. Although it's a civil matter, you could always ask the police to send a PCSO round to have a quite word in his ear on the basis it is now causing an obstruction.

The sticking point is that you allowed him to park there.

Have you considered hugging him, just knock on the door and hug him for about 10 minutes, maybe you could take some marijuana round with you just to break the ice.

I have kindly been allowing my neighbor to park one of his 4 cars on my drive for over 12 months now , this is not a shared drive , it is my own drive on my council property , this car only has test and no tax , he has two other cars without tax or test on his drive and another which is tax and tested which he drives around in and parks in parking spaces which my other neighbors without driveways use. I have let him do this as a gesture of good will so he can then sorn his other car off the road.

I have been asking him to remove his car from my drive now for over 3 months and he still has not removed it. I have also contacted the Council who is my landlord and they have sent him letters asking him to remove his car but he still has not removed it . Could anyone please advise me on how i get him to remove it please. Thank you.

Get some friends, lift it, move it onto the road.

8 guys can probably do it, or considerably less if you use some trolley jacks.

Get some friends, lift it, move it onto the road.

8 guys can probably do it, or considerably less if you use some trolley jacks.

Does the op have 8 burley able bodied friends and/or some trolley jacks?

Possibly this is of interest (from Pistonheads)?

"Council want reminding of their powers under Section 3 Refuse Disposal (Amenities) Act 1978:

Where it appears to a local authority that a motor vehicle in their area is abandoned without lawful authority on ANY land in the OPEN AIR or on any other land forming part of a [F1 highway] [ F1 road], it shall be the duty of the authority, subject to the following provisions of this section, to remove the vehicle.

(2) Where it appears to a local authority that the land on which a motor vehicle is abandoned as aforesaid is occupied by any person, the authority shall give him notice . . . F2 that they propose to remove the vehicle in pursuance of subsection (1) above but shall not be entitled to remove it if he objects to the proposal . . . F2 within the prescribed period."

So you have made enquiries of your neighbours to no avail and no body has been to it then it has been abandonded? They serve notice of land owner and if owner not forthcoming they gave power to remove and deal with.

Abandoned vehicles (SCC)

Report an abandoned vehicle, if possible let us know: your name, address and phone number

where the vehicle is, its colour, registration number, make, condition and how long it has been there.

We can not consider a vehicle abandoned just because it is not displaying a valid tax disc.

Reclaim a vehicle

We do not have to fix a 24 hour notice to an abandoned vehicle. All vehicles will be removed to a compound.

If the vehicle carries a GB number plate we will send a written notice to the owner.

Reclaim it within 7 days of the date on the notice or the vehicle will be disposed of.

Costs

On satisfying us of ownership, the owner can remove their vehicle after paying us for it's removal and storage.

Abandoning a vehicle is a criminal offence, with a maximum fine of £2,500 or 3 months’ imprisonment or both.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/Library/Abandoned%20Vehicles%20Flow%20Chart.pdf Abandoned vehicle flow chart.

Edited by carosio

Does the op have 8 burley able bodied friends and/or some trolley jacks?

I've no idea, but if he's desperate I can spare 10 minutes to help move the car.

I've no idea, but if he's desperate I can spare 10 minutes to help move the car.

are you a burley person and/or has a number of trolley jacks?

That's a very nice offer:thumbsup:

I can possibly put my hands on a couple of trolley jacks.......bear with me.

That's a very nice offer:thumbsup:

I can possibly put my hands on a couple of trolley jacks.......bear with me.

:hihi:...............

are you a burley person and/or has a number of trolley jacks?

I'm not huge, but I can take my share of 1/8th of a car :-)

No trolley jacks I'm afraid.