Best Views In and around Sheffield??

You get some great views from the Amphitheatre behind the train sation.

You also get some fantastic views from: here and here (best in early winter evenings because buildings are still lit up with people at work, but the sky is dark).

Edited by Revel

My office window isn't bad (in the house) - in fact I've only responded to this because I'm sat here avoiding work now! Given that I don't have an open house, Myrtle Road, roundabout the Ball Inn is possibly not a bad shout for a good view.

Go to Sandstone Road and walk down the jennel next to The Forum pub and you come out at the top of some stairs leading down to Jenkin Avenue. The view from the top of that is 180 degrees uninterrupted of the Don Valley, from the city centre to the far side of Rotherham. Best viewed on a hot sunny day with no haziness/pollution in the air.

It's not exactly beautiful though given the massive Forgemasters sheds stick out like a big heavy industrial thumb... pretty impressive view though.

Cherry bank road (In between woodseats and Norton Lees) just at top of chantry road is a great view

Dykes hall fields just off Ringinglow road is probably one of the best too

Cherry bank road (In between woodseats and Norton Lees) just at top of chantry road is a great view

I like the view from the top of Cavill Road just around the corner from Cherry Bank Road. Can probably see more in winter though when the trees have less foliage.

Visit the university art tower there doing free tours round it this month go to the top floor for the view.

The view over the city centre from the beer garden of the Blake in Walkley is well worth a look - and a pint or two.

I've got some very good pictures that I once took on a clear sunny day from the top of the Ski Village ( now burnt to the ground). You have a clear view of most of the main buildings in the city centre like the Cathedral etc. On the pictures of mine you can see the " big wheel" when it was in Sheffield.

Visit the university art tower there doing free tours round it this month go to the top floor for the view.

Are they?

Id love to have a ride in the Paternoster lifts

Ahh you mean this one? X