Best Views In and around Sheffield??

park up nr top where there is grass on the left hand side

Past the Earl Marshall Pub (which is on the left), another option is to take the first available left after the pub (Kenninghall) whill will take you up that little bit higher!

When I lived in Sheffield (sigh) I cycled to work from Foxhill to Crystal Peaks and back of course. When I was zooming down City Road one night and I turned onto Granville Road I nearly fell off my velocipede...

The view of sheffield by night was one to remember, all bright lights!

Wonderful!!

Floor 12 Owen Building, Hallam Uni.

Mount zion at crookes,

On a clear day you can see Blackpool tower from there, although I don't know if it is open to the general public now. :D:D:D

Coming down Ringinglow Road at night from the Peak District gives a fantastic view.

When you come round the corner on the road from Grenoside to Oughtibridge at the top of the hill.

Personally I have a fantastic view from the city centre to the airport from my window.

Originally posted by "Morte"

Coming down Ringinglow Road at night from the Peak District gives a fantastic view.

When you come round the corner on the road from Grenoside to Oughtibridge at the top of the hill.

Personally I have a fantastic view from the city centre to the airport from my window.

Yes, you would have a good view. Shirecliffe is one of the highest points in Sheffield. back when Parkwood College was there you could always see the college from anywhere in Sheffield no matter where you were.

Guest look

great thread, thanks to whoever started it.

Wot would b great is if we could get some photos of some of these, i would love to see them as im sure alotta people would, great night/day shots etc.

Originally posted by "mikey"

Where's East Bank Road mikey?

Difficult to describe, but its a very steep hill that runs from the town to the manor top, cuts through Norfolk Park/Gleadless areas.

Here are my instructions

Take the road that runs at the back of the Skating rink, keep following this road and you will start rising up, park up nr top where there is grass on the left hand side, turn around and stare in amazement with mouth wide open.

Cheers mate.

I'll definitely be taking my camera to these locations this weekend if the weather holds. I'll post the results next week if I get time.

Not a view of the city centre, but if you go to Bole Hills park in Crookes there's an absolutely stunning view into the valley beyond. Whenever I take my children to the park I find myself just walking over to the edge of the hill, and just gaze into the distance...

Yes, 12 Storey Block Hallam Uni' - but you need key access, damn windy up there-head porter used to live on top of this building and he suffered with vertigo believe it or not! - Shirecliffe College(called something else now) has great views all round - you can see this building from all over Sheffield.

How about we have a photography competition on here? Surely we could muster up a free meal at a city restaurant for the winner in return for lots of plugs?

Guest hopjes

The best spot from within the city centre itself has got to be the 14th floor of the BT tower. Absolutely superb in all directions. On a clear day it can be wonderful. The best bit is being able to look down and see the city below. Sometimes when I have used the canteen and I am waiting for the lift down I just stand there and gawp.