Best Views In and around Sheffield??

What is the best spot to get a really good view of Center of Sheffield?

Top of East Bank Road, with out doubt

There's a good view from Meersbrook Park.

Where's East Bank Road mikey?

On the tram route definatly, as you go past park grange, you can see everything, or the top floor of Sheffield Uni's Art Block :)

You get good views from the top of the Hallamshire Hospital too

Hallamshire Hospital has very good views, take your binoculars and your camera if you know someone in there !!!!!!

All good places. The top of the ski slopes pretty good too, especially at night. Theres also the possibility of going up the cathederal spire too I think. Also how about Coles car park from the very top?

With so many hills there are a lot of different views to be seen just from the pavement.

Jawbone Hill is a good place. You can get there by taking the A61 Halifax Road out of Sheffield. Turn left onto Salt Box Lane and follow it towards Oughtibridge.

Near the peak of the hill is a small layby. You can park up there and walk along the hill for some great views of the city from the North.

Some other fine places I always used to go are:

Jenkin Road, Wincobank

Meersbrook Park (enter at Bishops House and turn left)

The hill overlooking Sheffield Airport. (At Darnall go up to the end of Catley Road. Walk alongside the golf course and then up the hill.)

Top of Birley Lane, Birley.

Did you know that on a clear day from Ridgeway Road you can see Cottam power station in Lincolnshire. I've also heard you can see Lincoln Cathedral on an excellent clear day but I've never seen it yet!

Originally posted by "alchresearch"

Top of Birley Lane, Birley.

Did you know that on a clear day from Ridgeway Road you can see Cottam power station in Lincolnshire. I've also heard you can see Lincoln Cathedral on an excellent clear day but I've never seen it yet!

yes both good places! :D

Boston Castle at Moorgate in Rotherham is also an outstanding place, but Sheffield is just a blur in the distance, but you can see the main landmarks like the tower blocks at Norton, Park Hill, Uni arts tower and such.

The top of Myrtle Road, near The Ball Inn will give you some good views.

Also the Cholera monument on the Claywood will give you views stretching from the train stn. And round about the Park Grange tram stop enall

Originally posted by "chill"

There's a good view from Meersbrook Park.

Where's East Bank Road mikey?

Difficult to describe, but its a very steep hill that runs from the town to the manor top, cuts through Norfolk Park/Gleadless areas.

Here are my instructions

Take the road that runs at the back of the Skating rink, keep following this road and you will start rising up, park up nr top where there is grass on the left hand side, turn around and stare in amazement with mouth wide open.