Any recommendations for a courier service?

Hi,

I have a few bits and bobs to sell on eBay. Will be small to medium sized packages...

Any recommendations re: which courier services to use? I'll only be selling to the UK. Thanks.

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 13:39 ----------

Also, any companies I should avoid who have a bad rep?

Just speaking from personal experience I would not recommend Yodel.

Just speaking from personal experience I would not recommend Yodel.

Thanks! Don't suppose you have any experience with MyHermes? They seem pretty cheap.

I use MyHermes all the time, never had an issue yet.

Yep, very tempted to give them a go. Thank you willman.

Me too..have sent scores of items sold on e-bay with them...excellent..

:thumbsup:

Thanks! Don't suppose you have any experience with MyHermes? They seem pretty cheap.

My local (regular, Monday to Friday) My Hermes delivery person is amazing, the Saturday person not as good but okay. Forget it when shes on holiday......:mad:

Last year I had a two week slot when I couldn't get anything delivered. My Hermes said my gate was hidden so I sent them a photo showing massive double gates directly off the main road running through the village......all I got was BS. The regular delivery person said all her regulars had been complaining. I honestly think they didn't even bother trying to deliver when she was off.

I too have found MyHermes to be very good. We had a major clear out and sold 30 to 40 items on eBay and the vast majority went through MyHermes and we've have had no reports of problems from the buyers.

Very handy for us too as our local newsagents are a drop off point.

I've linked my eBay account to a Parcel2Go account, that's then able to see what I've sold, I punch in the dimensions and weight and it shows me the cheapest services which are generally MyHermes. I think you can link eBay and MyHermes too.

Only think I would say is that you're posting small items then Royal Mail is often cheaper but you can check that easily.

Most of the leading companies are good,

Used Myhermes twice, no problem with one package, the other never arrived at its destination (it was a saddle, quite valuable and my best guess is it walked)

They're competitively priced though

MyHermes are great if you are sending things for next day or within a couple of days, very good prices and reliable.