Hostages taken by gunmen in France.

Yeah it was the pigskin that did it.

Jesus wept.

We have short memories.

Do you not think that if someone is so certain they will go to heaven if they commit suicide. killing as many other people as possible, that using the same ideology to put in place a means that would prevent them from entering paradise would not work?

Most muslims believe that pork is unclean and even touching it is forbidden resulting in their inability to enter the afterlife.

Some muslims also think that killing infidels means they go straight to heaven.

Put these two together and you have an effective deterrent.

They believe if they are buried in pig skin they do not enter heaven. They do not get their virgins, nor do they pass go or collect £200.

But my point was, ideology compels these people to commit the attacks. You cannot fight ideology with words, bullets or diplomacy, well not when presented with a threat such as ISIS. All you can do is look for the chink in their armour, Use what they consider to be their strength against them, their faith. Most Muslims openly claim ISIS are not muslims. The peaceful Muslim world would should not be offended if the beliefs of non muslims who are doing so much damage to their faith are used against them.

Berberis, the 'chink in their armour' is love and the rest of mankind getting along with their business and embracing people of all races/religions/genders/sexualities/rich/poor etc etc as if nothing's happened.

In the grand scheme of things they're inconsequential, they kill handfuls of people recklessly using shocking means, as awful and sensational as that is they don't have access to military planes, sophisticated weaponry or nuclear bombs, so the other 700+ million population of Europe can sleep easy, the fear the terrorists try to instill in us isn't a real one.

Putting a dead Islamist terrorist in a pig lined sleeping bag will not expose the chink in their armour, it will just make the casual Muslim observer think we're arseholes...just like the terrorists we all denounce.

LOVE YOUR BROTHERS & SISTERS :)

I said that France played no part meaning the Iraq war, but you should stop excusing terrorists whatever reason they may have unless you support their aims. If you support their aims you can say so.

Jukes x

I have never excused terrorism, giving a reason for why attacks may be happening is not excusing or supporting their aims.

Extremist terrorists are just as much a threat to me as they are to non Muslims..

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 16:36 ----------

All I knew at the time was the French were investigating it as a terrorist attack and ISIS had claimed responsibility, but I was not making that explicit connection, more an observation of the what has been happening over this summer so far.

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 15:14 ----------

Bury the terrorists in pig skin. How the Russians did after the Moscow theater hostage crisis. If their twisted belief system spurred them onto commit such acts of terror on the innocent, we should use their own beliefs against them. This is the only way you fight ideology, by finding its weaknesses and exploiting them. As Muslims world wide state quite clearly that ISIS are not muslims, they should have no problem. No Muslim would stand up in their defence.

Suicide is forbidden in Islam as is killing innocent people, non of the terrorists who kill innocent people will enter heaven...

Suicide is forbidden in Islam as is killing innocent people, non of the terrorists who kill innocent people will enter heaven...

Apparently, that's just your interpretation. One of many. And sadly, many are contradicting your.

Do you not think that if someone is so certain they will go to heaven if they commit suicide. killing as many other people as possible, that using the same ideology to put in place a means that would prevent them from entering paradise would not work?

No, I dont think [that if someone etc...]

Pig based funereal deterrents did not "work in Chechnya" as Ted Heath suggested. What "worked" in Chechnya was wholesale occupation, direct rule, the utter, utter destruction of Grozny, and a scorched earth policy, all delivered sans pigskin by the Russian military.

Most muslims believe that pork is unclean and even touching it is forbidden resulting in their inability to enter the afterlife.

Some muslims also think that killing infidels means they go straight to heaven.

Put these two together and you have an effective deterrent.

And Voila! Serapis ends Islamic fundamentalist suicide attacks with a Venn diagram and a pig based funereal deterrent.

Let me know when you're nominated for the Nobel.

Berberis, the 'chink in their armour' is love and the rest of mankind getting along with their business and embracing people of all races/religions/genders/sexualities/rich/poor etc etc as if nothing's happened.

Well, something HAS happened, and it is happening repeatedly; and sitting round the jolly old camp fire holding hands and singing "Imagine" isn't going to cure it, either.

No, the terrorists don't have weapons of mass destruction but if they did they would most certainly use them.

Edited by Harrystottle

It seems that they have managed to kill a 92 year old priest.

86 I hear.

They are getting braver by the day I see.

86 I hear.

They are getting braver by the day I see.

Yes. ITV reported he was 92. Perhaps they wouldn't have attacked him had they realised it was just 2 armed men against an 86 year old.

I have never excused terrorism, giving a reason for why attacks may be happening is not excusing or supporting their aims.

Extremist terrorists are just as much a threat to me as they are to non Muslims..

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 16:36 ----------

If suicide is forbidden by Islam why do they blow them selfes up ? 7/7 springs to mind .

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 18:08 ----------

Yes. ITV reported he was 92. Perhaps they wouldn't have attacked him had they realised it was just 2 armed men against an 86 year old.

Because they are cowards.

Well, something HAS happened, and it is happening repeatedly; and sitting round the jolly old camp fire holding hands and singing "Imagine" isn't going to cure it, either.

Tell thi wot..carpet bombing Syria/Iraq hasn't exactly reduced their numbers... either.

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 18:10 ----------

If suicide is forbidden by Islam why do they blow them selfes up ? 7/7 springs to mind

Because like all ideological hypocrites they bend the rules to fit their cause..the Sixth Commandment springs to mind.

Apparently, that's just your interpretation. One of many. And sadly, many are contradicting your.

It's written in the Quran.....

"Soldiers" was the word I heard ISIS describe these two as. Couldn't be further from the truth. They kill an 82 year old priest and attack a Nun. More like cowards who pick the only target they could actually manage. ....pathetic individuals and my heart goes out to those involved and their families, and France...again!